1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Re: comprehension question
Originally Posted by startus
The reason to remove the following options:
- Because here we are talking about a single novel.
- Again we are talking about the single novel, although seems to be taken in consideration but it is less compelling.
- It cannot over shadow the work, because author is saying that, his work got the attention in this area also.
- This option is compelling, you keep this
- His work had not any influence initially if you read the passage from starting, the work started about investigating the RACE.
When you solve any passage, paraphrase in your mind and write in your copy in your own language.
First of all, we can paraphrase this passage like
- WEB’S novels will attract the critics. Also it involves the issue of RACE, so if any critic will read his / her novel , he will definitely have to go through over all novel thoroughly,
- But some scholars have examined his political and historical thought also, and his novel got very good attention in this matter.
- Perhaps DuBois the novelist must wait his turn behind DuBois the philosopher, historian, and editor.
He should wait himself behind as a Now scholars initially investigated about race, but when they went through the details, they found the political and historical angle also.
It means that, initially the scholarships were given to study about the race matter in his novel but scholars came to know the other angles also, eventually it connotes that now the new area is open for further research, which will attract more scholars.