Urch Forums

sentence completion

shivar

6. Science advances (i)____ as (ii)____ change abruptly and we are forced to stop and reorient ourselves to view old information in new ways.

[TABLE=class: tc]

[TR]

[TD]Blank (i)

A. exponentially

B. inexorably

C. jerkily

[/TD]

[TD]Blank (ii)

D. paradigms

E. axioms

F. continuities

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

ans:

CD

confused between

A and C

Go with the amount of information provided... dot ASSUME !!!,

We dont have any proof if it advances exponentially.... nowhere in the passage gives such clue, although it might sound well. exponential growths are those ... something that increases in the order of e^x, we dont have any clue so it cant be the answer

Go with the amount of information provided... dot ASSUME !!!,

We dont have any proof if it advances exponentially.... nowhere in the passage gives such clue, although it might sound well. exponential growths are those ... something that increases in the order of e^x, we dont have any clue so it cant be the answer

thanks shridhar.. but is there any clue in sentence for jerkily. Somewhere else i read its explanation.. it was written that since changes are abrupt, jerkily is the best. i didnt get that expl.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Nice explanations. But I'm li'l confused here. What is wrong if I choose Axioms instead of Paradigms?

"Axioms" will be not be appropriate choice because axioms means self-evident truth and truth doesnt change which seems to to contradict the predicate of the main statement.

Hope that helps.

• 9 months later...