Urch Forums

Need help for this SE

The director, accustomed to unquestioning loyalty, was chagrined when she discovered that her directions had been ____ by the chief executive.

A. underscored

B. misinterpreted

C. undermined

D. misplaced

E. substantiated

F. subverted

CF

I had interpreted chagrined as being embarrassed. And according to that the answer I believe should be

B & F

suggesting that some directions/actions of her might be misconstrued and thus her loyalty was beclouded.

I couldn't get a logical reasoning of the actual answer.

Thanking You in Advance

Abhinav

• 2 weeks later...
The director, accustomed to unquestioning loyalty, was chagrined when she discovered that her directions had been ____ by the chief executive.

A. underscored

B. misinterpreted

C. undermined

D. misplaced

E. substantiated

F. subverted

CF

I had interpreted chagrined as being embarrassed. And according to that the answer I believe should be

B & F

suggesting that some directions/actions of her might be misconstrued and thus her loyalty was beclouded.

Thanking You in Advance

Abhinav

Misinterpret does not mach with subvert. In fact, subvert means undermine and not misinterpret or misconstrue. So, undermine and subvert are correct answers.

• 1 year later...

A. underscored

B. misinterpreted

C. undermined

D. misplaced

E. substantiated

F. subverted

CF

B & F

Thanking You in Advance

Abhinav

The key word here is "unquestioning loyality " so she would be embarrassed or. ot like if someone doubts her directions so undermines and subverted fits the best .

• 2 years later...