Urch Forums

November Test Study Group

Looking for other people taking the November Test, trying to get an idea of whether or not this forum will be of any use. There is a ton of time left so if we get a whole bunch of people working together on a wide variety of problems I am sure we could all benefit. Check in if you are interested in aggresivly preparing for this test, the forum looks pretty dead judging from the post dates.

• 4 weeks later...
hey zwg. im taking the nov test i think. i havent logged in here for a while but I do every once in a while. i hope this forum picks up too. i put up a question here and there and i usually get a response within a couple days so i find it useful. lemme know if u found any other, perhaps more lively, forum which would b beneficial for us. ok then ttyl.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am wondering, are there any good resources available for the GRE math test preparation? I know there are a few (only two) books such as by princeton review, however, is there anything more?

The official books by ETS seem to be out of print.

Does anyone know where to obtain more sample tests?

Has anybody tried reading this book? It was recommended to me by some math students.

Berkeley Problems in Mathematics (Table of contents)

Hi Ramazorg,

As far as my knowledge goes there are only two books available as you mentioned. Some of the ETS material may be available in Math libraries in your university. REA has couple of sample exams, my assumption is you already know about this.

Berkeley Problems in Mathematics seems to be an appropriate book for this exam. I will try and get one.

Thanks for the post.

hi guys,

i am new here n i am planning to take the test in nov too....nw abt the berkeley problems,sme of my friends who were already studying 4phd in universitites like stanford,texas told me tht d buk ws inappropriate 4 subject test coz in subject gre they 'l ask u the things 4m undergrad level nt 4 phd qualifying xms...so i think if u wanna seriously prearing 4 xm thn giv last preference to this buk n look carefully towards undergrad level wid whol things....:p

still i am studying 4m princeton review n my undergrad books,hope sme1 suggests other rep material....

bst wishes 2al u

rinku:rolleyes:...

Hello Everyone,

Am too planning to appear for GRE Mathematics subject test in October or November (haven't yet started studying). Are you guys planning to form a study group. I have gone through many website but this is the only place where I could find any kind of discussion being held. So guys please guide me from where should I start.

Prayagraj Patel

When does the registration for the subject test open... i am willing to write it in october. As of now I don't think the site is giving any dates.

As far as the books are concerned,the berkeley book is for PhD quals . It is definitely above than the level of the subject test. Who are the students here who would be applying for a PhD in maths? Please send me a private message.I would like to get in touch

thanks all

hey guys,hi....so hws goin?

i am here to let u knw tht the registration for the subject gre math test is opened frm 22nd july 2008....enroll ASAP bcoz test centers will be getting full very quickely.....N bst of luck 2al of u...c ya bye...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
hey, I have registered for the October test and have prepared from princeton review and REA books. If anyone NYC is interested forming a study group to discuss difficult problems then give me a call 212-810-6024. Cheers!

Did you find the REA book helpful. I heard they were aweful so I didnt buy it.

I got PR 85 from last year and I'm thinking if I should retake the subject test this year. Still, there is roughly one month left and I also have to improve my TOEFL to reach 100-105+ (my score now is 96). I kind of hesitate whether to take the subject test again. I'm not sure how much I can boost my score and how serious the grad schools are taking about the subject test score. Some said the recommendation and research are more necessary but I don't have any research. What do you guys think? Any suggestion?

Does anyone know where to obtain more sample tests?

Has anybody tried reading this book? It was recommended to me by some math students.

Berkeley Problems in Mathematics (Table of contents)

Hi Ramazorg,

Berkeley Problems in Mathematics seems to be an appropriate book for this exam. I will try and get one.

Thanks for the post.

No, it is not! It would be gratuitous to do so! You would end up doing so much superfluous things unnecessary for the GRE! Use the GRE Prep books. They are enough!