Urch Forums

GRE Edge Review

friendofafriend

Hi, If any one of you is planning to buy gre edge software. DON't ! Believe me its the worst out there. I spent 4000 rs. on GRE Fast Track. First of all i was conned into the complete fast track course, I was told i'll be purchasing GRE Fast TRACK Verbal program. So i give them my dad's no, as i didnt have my credit card. They call my dad and make him purchase Full GRE FT. This alone signifies the treacherous nature of the people behind gre edge.

But I thought, ok Never-mind. Lets make full use of what i have, So i gave lots of Adaptive tests. All adaptive test i gave had about 12 RC questions, 14 sc questions and rest a mixture of analogy and antonym. That is what they call "close to real thing". Anyways, i still tried to be positive and make use of the thing. But many of the questions had confusing answers. Some of them were admitted to be wrong by the officials. Their GRE rc had 150 lines or so for 4 question. Pretty unrealistic if you ask me.

Any ways they don't give score, they just tell you how many question you got wrong and which all questions. And they rank your performance as satisfactory/ good/bad on the bases of how many questions you get correct. Most of their questions repeat in consequent tests. Perfect !

We already have Big Book and Real 19 which we can in no way finish given the speculated time. They are obviously more relevant than any other test material. Gre Edge is useless. But that is just my opinion, it is possible that you will like it.

If you want to buy GRE Edge. I would rather advice you to donate the money to some poor kid who hasn't eaten food from past 3 days. I hope i helped you.

• 2 weeks later...

The Thing is one should never go for such sly websites and online coaching who proclaim that they will help you get high score.

There is so much of material available, with your friends, can be downloaded free, there is test magic where you can clear all your doubts.

If you study meticulously nothing will stop you from scoring high.

Never mind. Just throw all this from your mind and now put in all your efforts. I hope you have sufficient time to study for your test.

Wish you all the best!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi friendofafriend,

I had enrolled with gre edge for a 6 month prog. and went thru their coaching. After seeing my good performance in gre many of my college friends also joined there. now let me answer to some of ur points –

/* First of all i was conned into the complete fast track course*/

Are u sure u heard them correctly? Coz I had a completely diff. experience. My dad’s debit card got charged twice b’coz of some transaction error and they themselves called my dad immediately to tell him about it….they even helped us in cancelling one of the payment

/* adaptive test i gave had about 12 RC questions, 14 sc questions and rest a mixture of analogy and antonym. That is what they call "close to real thing". */

This actually proves how close it is to the “real thing”. I’m sure u know gre is adaptive test and the qns. U get depend on ur answers. So if u give wrong answer to qns. with higher difficulty u will then only get qns. with lower difficulty. Since analogy & antonym qns. Are considered to be high level u got very few of them coz u must have given wrong answers.

/* But many of the questions had confusing answers */

If the answers were confusing why didn’t u get them clarified by your SFA. Whenever I faced some issue with any Q I would just email my SFA or call them directly and they were always helpful to solve my problems.

/* Their GRE rc had 150 lines or so for 4 question. Pretty unrealistic if you ask me */

Nothing wrong in practicing tough question right? It makes u prepare for the actual gre, that is how I was able to score 690 in verbal.

/* Any ways they don't give score, they just tell you how many question you got wrong and which all questions */

They give u a score range and it is pretty accuarate, if u ask me. They predicted my score range to be 650 – 700 and I got 690.

I like ur suggestion of donating to a hungry kid but that will only help ur conscience not ur gre preparation :D

ciao

GoodSamaritan

/* First of all i was conned into the complete fast track course*/

Yes, i am pretty sure they took the advantage of me being outside the house.

/* adaptive test i gave had about 12 RC questions, 14 sc questions and rest a mixture of analogy and antonym. That is what they call "close to real thing". */

Ok, its absurd you would say that. We will get more than a total of 4 Analogy + Antonym questions on the real thing. i am pretty sure of that. I don't agree with you at all. No matter how low your level is, you will get these questions.

/* But many of the questions had confusing answers */

I gave 7-8 questions for doubt and got 3 replies. 1 was good. It solved my query. The other 2 were asking for apology. They said, "This question is wrong, we are sorry you got it". After that I made a decision not to waste anymore time on this.

/* Their GRE rc had 150 lines or so for 4 question. Pretty unrealistic if you ask me */

I would rather prepare with something close to the real thing, but thats just me.

/* Any ways they don't give score, they just tell you how many question you got wrong and which all questions */

Oh, their absurd ranges. That was helpful. I got 350-400. :D, and 620 on the real thing. You can imagine how close that is.

I like ur suggestion of donating to a hungry kid but that will only help ur conscience not ur gre preparation

That is because it didn't help me with my GRE. And i believe my money would have been used by some poor hungry kid better.

In case you are thinking I didn't get a good GRE score and am taking my anger on Edge. You would be wrong, I got a pretty good score ;)

Maybe you had a good experience with Edge. But then did you explore the amazing material we have on the internet for FREE? There is nothing you wouldn't find there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I took up the GRE edge fast track program for around 4k. I would not recommend Greedge for the following reasons -

a) I have had issues while giving their tests, where I was not able to complete them. They got back to me on that, and said "it happens sometimes" and "we are unable to re-create the problem".

So that meant I could not take a test when I wanted to.

b) Some of their material is a straight copy from the Big book. You can get the big book through various sources, why pay them for it.

c) The math SFA assigned to me, had very bad communication skills. In one instance, I had to ask my question 4-5 times (over 2 phone calls), and yet this person could not understand me. I then had to send an email, to get a reply for a simple question.

d) They wrongly emailed me telling me that my program had expired (wand wanted me to renew), when it had NOT! They apologized immediately when I replied, but that's not something you wanna deal with one week from your exam.

However, Gredge is good for one thing - Practice exams. Its nice to be able to give just one section at time. But, overall, instead of spending on them - Go buy a copy of Kaplan, Princeton and Barrons , you will get enough number of tests.

So overall, thumbs DOWN!

• 3 months later...

In my first attempt at GRE, I scored 280 in verbal and 800 in quants.

I my second attempt I scored 530+800.

Being from electronics background, Quants was not a issue. Only it was English :eek:

My CGPA was quite good and projects are excellent. I wanted 500+ desperately in verbal to make my case strong.

What I realized was that it is not really about English and vocabulary. But more of verbal reasoning and Reading comprehension skills that matter.

In my first attempt, i think my mistake was that i only focused on vocab and crammed the meanings from Barrons.

I joined GREedge CGRE program after trying their free trial program. I liked the personalized feedback part from the SFA. Also they have individual modules for Ant, Sentence comp, Analogies and RC in increasing order of difficulty. I did one by one patiently. First I picked each skill slowly without worrying about speed. I fine tuned my reasoning as per my SFA's feedback. Analysed each mistake carefully.

Once I got the knack of cracking, i started my focus on speed. Online tests are helpful for that. The report at the end of each GREedge test also helped greatly for verbal and maths both to accurately know the time spent on each question. On paper tests, God only knows how much time I was spending on a question !

My suggestion. 1. You need to practice a lot. But dont get lost in the jungle of all free material u get from the web. 2. Form strategy. Focus on the specific skill you are lacking and grab that. Move on to the next one 3. Start your preparation very early (very important unless you are a genius :) and practice a lot of online tests that give you timing info

Best wishes for you admissions.

Mohit

Edited by mohitece

• 4 months later...

Let me share my experience with GREEdge as well here, as people should know what they are getting into.

I had signed up for the "Complete GRE" program, which lasted for 6 months. Here's my thoughts on my experience...

Pros:

• I really liked the quant tutorials, as I had forgotten many elementary points in Geometry - these tutorials helped me brush up my memory in quick time. But I had to say, even if it was useful, it was presented in "last night mug-it-up" format - here's the property, here's an example, move on to the next, without bothering to give its proof (At GRE level, all geometry proofs take at max 5 lines, but that aids immensely in understanding). I personally proved all geometry properties from net/on my own while preparing, and this helped me immensely in boosting my confidence !!
  • The wordlists were also pretty nice - I especially liked the way in which all antonyms and synonyms of a word was posted in the same page with the word.

Cons:

• The wordlists had no way to mark "difficult" words - i.e. words which are new to you and you want to get back to revising them later. In case you intended to do so, you have to manually note down the wordlist number, word number - and then, since the wordlist opened sequentially, go through all n-1 words before opening the nth word !! Talk about an inane UI designer !!
  • More examples of a terrible UI - even if learning module was great, it was a nightmare trying to revise !! There was no way to smoothly go from one topic to next - at the end of each topic, one had to encounter the infuriating page "Revision is an important part blah blah..." (we know that, that's why we are trying to revise in the first place, following which one was taken back to the main index, where I had to choose the subtopic, and then i got to the subtopic's index, and then (phew!!) I could reach the next subtopic !! I really beg the GREEdge team - please, do an usability test before launching your design - any person would be infuriated by the number of needless clicks needed !!
  • The exercises in the Verbal module were a lot inane - they should stick ONLY to the format of questions in the GRE, and don't invent formats of their own. This isn't a general purpose program, but one meant specifically for GRE - so while the instructions can and should be innovative, the tests at the end should not !! I got questions like "find the synonym of", which isn't present on GRE !!
  • There is NO WAY to evaluate AWA essays in the structure of the program - considering I enrolled for "Complete GRE", I expected something for AWA. But there was nothing !! Thank god for Barron's that I managed to do reasonably well there. Even when I took the initiative to send essays directly, I didn't get the kind of feedback that I was looking for (a merely quick reply that it was "good" isn't much of a help - someone needs to go through the kind of commentaries provided by ETS in their sample CD).
  • At no point of time, did I feel that the tests were actually adaptive - while writing CAT in Princeton Review and the actual GRE, I could actually feel the questions getting progressively tougher, but not so here....this was a big disappointment to me, which caused me to attempt only 5-6 of their adaptive tests. On top of that (this feedback is equally true of both verbal and quant), at the end of the test one gets an obtuse graph, not a score !! Its the test programs job to interpret the graph, not the test takers !!
  • The content team for quants needs to understand what constitutes a HARD GRE question - its NOT a problem that takes 3 long multiplications and 1 long division to solve, but rather a tricky question where the answer is deceptively simple, but most people would not get the catch at first glance. In the actual GRE, there was ONE question where I actually had to do a long division, and this was the 25th question (I had gotten everything rite before - i had ample time to double check!!) - and that was the ONLY one. This is well reflected in the Princeton Review Online CATs - they were the closest one can get outside of the actual GRE (I got 3 straight 800's before I went to GRE, compared to which my score in the GREEdge program never crossed 700, as I was frustrated by needlessly verbose problems with loooong calculations but no "twist"/ catch to it). Again, you can see why I didn't bother completing them !!
  • Last but not the least, the SFA's take a bit of interest in you during the "orientation", but after that, its hard to get in touch. At least my verbal SFA was nice - she took the initiative to talk to me and tried to help me out on AWA (though her feedback wasn't enough IMHO). But as far as quants was concerned, it was a total loss - doubts remained unanswered for weeks, and by the time I got an answer, I had forgotten all about the question !! Anyways, Ive always believed in self-study, so I didn't care too much about SFA participation - but I thought about giving this warning if someone expects to get daily/weekly feedback from their SFAs !!!

In case you are wondering if I'm taking out my frustration due to poor performance, fear not - Both my quants/verbal scores were above the 97th percentile :)

I'm simply unhappy at the value for money I got, considering the tall tales on the website. Seriously, honestly, truthfully - I would have been better off without spending this money.

Since this is about GREEdge, I won't mention what I used to prepare and what I think is more than sufficient...If there's an active thread for recent GRE Takers to offer advice, I'll post there (once I find it !!) while the experience is still fresh in my mind !!

Edited by shan23
Add Icon, title...

Dear Shan23 (and the other students who have expressed their opinions above),

At the outset, thank you very much for your honest feedback & suggestions for GREedge.com. Customer feedback is the Holy Grail that everyone at GREedge seeks and it makes us happier when it is unsolicited.

Based on such feedback, our content and R&D teams work continuously to improve the learning experience of students.

Your suggestion on bookmarks is very well appreciated. In fact, a few students have suggested the same in the recent past. In addition to words, students usually like to bookmark questions, portions of notes, math formulae etc. Students have also suggested labeling while bookmarking (i.e. create labels such as ‘important formulae’, ‘difficult words’ etc).

We have been collating all the feedback for some time now and both these features are currently in the software R&D phase and will be released in the near future for the benefit of all our students.

It’s nice to know that you liked the Wordbank (word with definition, synonyms, usage, and antonyms at one place). One improvement to this which we plan to make shortly is “theme based wordlists”, since many students have expressed dissatisfaction with the alphabetical wordlists that they come across in most books.

Here is a small sample of theme based wordlists: Word Classified

These are currently available for frequently asked words in GRE. Work is underway to extend the classification to all the GRE words.

You mentioned about non-GRE style questions in the Verbal section. We guess, you meant the questions in the ‘Guided Learning Section’ of the sessions. There is a very strong reason for including such questions.

As you know, a GRE verbal question tests both ‘Verbal reasoning skills’ and a ‘strong vocabulary’. Unfortunately, many students do not possess a strong vocabulary due to various reasons. As a result, they struggle (especially with question types such as Analogy and to some extent with Sentence completion) as these questions test their vocabulary and verbal reasoning at the same time.

A good approach to make the learning easier is to:

1.Get exposed to the words using the GREedge Wordbank.

2.Polish the understanding of words through interactive questions that emphasize more on the knowledge of the word rather than complex verbal reasoning.

3.Once the student has a fair understanding of the word, he/she can attempt GRE style questions on the word. Now that they possess a fairly good knowledge of the words, they can focus solely on verbal reasoning.

This approach helps the student to develop the two skills (‘vocabulary development’ and ‘verbal reasoning’) independently, one skill at a time.

The GREedge verbal sessions are designed along this pedagogy.

a.Learn words in Wordbank

b.Strengthen the knowledge of words through simple, interactive questioning. (There are a variety of interesting question types that make the student think about the word from different perspectives.)

c.Finally, take a mock test containing GRE style questions based on the set of words learnt.

Students spend time flexibly on steps a, b and c based on their learning preference and prior knowledge of words. Those with a strong vocabulary (like yourself) usually learn words in the Wordbank, then skim through step (b) and focus on GRE style questions.

Those who are new to words find it beneficial to spend good time in (a) and (b) before moving to ©. The method thus offers flexibility to different kinds of learners and has been very popular with those who dread to memorize words from alphabetical wordlists.

However, we do not agree with your point that the tests provided by GREedge are not adaptive. When you joined us and took your first diagnostic test, your scores in both the verbal & quant sections were 660, 660. Your scores in the actual GRE were 800 (Q) and 710 (V). Also, your score in the verbal test that you took just before your GRE exam was 760, which means we were able to predict your scores within a range of (+) (-) 50 points (a ‘tolerance’ level of less than 10%). This was true for all the tests that you took with us, so we don’t see how it couldn’t have been adaptive.

In any case, we understand that your experience with GREedge was not ideal for you and would like a chance to set it right, at least for our other students.

Considering the fact that you hold a Masters degree in Computer Science and appear to pay a lot of attention to User Experience design, we invite you to be a part of our Software R&D team and provide your inputs and suggestions – both from a technical expert and an end-user perspective. If that is not possible, you could indicate to us to be on our beta-committees - small teams of student-customers who review our product and lesson releases before these are commercially offered.

CONTACT INFORMATION REMOVED.

Hearty congratulations on a brilliant GRE score and best wishes for your academic pursuits!

Team GREedge

PSEUDO SIGNATURE REMOVED

Edited by Erin
Forum rules.

Dear Shan23 (and the other students who have expressed their opinions above),

At the outset, thank you very much for your honest feedback & suggestions for GREedge.com. Customer feedback is the Holy Grail that everyone at GREedge seeks and it makes us happier when it is unsolicited.

Based on such feedback, our content and R&D teams work continuously to improve the learning experience of students.

Your suggestion on bookmarks is very well appreciated. In fact, a few students have suggested the same in the recent past. In addition to words, students usually like to bookmark questions, portions of notes, math formulae etc. Students have also suggested labeling while bookmarking (i.e. create labels such as ‘important formulae’, ‘difficult words’ etc).

We have been collating all the feedback for some time now and both these features are currently in the software R&D phase and will be released in the near future for the benefit of all our students.

The point is - I gave this feedback at the very second day I enrolled (in December 2010). But I neither got any feedback from the team, nor was the UI in the least improved. Even now, as per your words, the suggestions are in "R&D phase" !! Considering that I'm in the SW industry myself, and this is just the UI itself, there's no way to justify such a huge response time to users - and in fact, would discourage any further feedback from users (as they know they themselves would be unable to benefit from the feedback, so why waste the time and effort ?).

Pls, pls follow the SW development methodology practiced worldwide - instead on one, huge, yearly upgrade to the package, roll out updates/features on a weekly/monthly basis. So that, the original users who had given the feedback, are still around to get benefited by them !!

It’s nice to know that you liked the Wordbank (word with definition, synonyms, usage, and antonyms at one place). One improvement to this which we plan to make shortly is “theme based wordlists”, since many students have expressed dissatisfaction with the alphabetical wordlists that they come across in most books.

Here is a small sample of theme based wordlists: Word Classified

These are currently available for frequently asked words in GRE. Work is underway to extend the classification to all the GRE words.

You mentioned about non-GRE style questions in the Verbal section. We guess, you meant the questions in the ‘Guided Learning Section’ of the sessions. There is a very strong reason for including such questions.

As you know, a GRE verbal question tests both ‘Verbal reasoning skills’ and a ‘strong vocabulary’. Unfortunately, many students do not possess a strong vocabulary due to various reasons. As a result, they struggle (especially with question types such as Analogy and to some extent with Sentence completion) as these questions test their vocabulary and verbal reasoning at the same time.

1 suggestion for improving the vocabulary - follow the process used by number2.com (I won't detail it here - just have any team-member join the free site, and see how the vocab builder incrementally increases your vocabulary, with graded words. The UI is simple (1 click per question, instead of click and confirm), and the summary reports elegant. Just a suggestion, feel free to reject it if you don't like it.

A good approach to make the learning easier is to:

1.Get exposed to the words using the GREedge Wordbank.

2.Polish the understanding of words through interactive questions that emphasize more on the knowledge of the word rather than complex verbal reasoning.

3.Once the student has a fair understanding of the word, he/she can attempt GRE style questions on the word. Now that they possess a fairly good knowledge of the words, they can focus solely on verbal reasoning.

This approach helps the student to develop the two skills (‘vocabulary development’ and ‘verbal reasoning’) independently, one skill at a time.

The GREedge verbal sessions are designed along this pedagogy.

a.Learn words in Wordbank

b.Strengthen the knowledge of words through simple, interactive questioning. (There are a variety of interesting question types that make the student think about the word from different perspectives.)

c.Finally, take a mock test containing GRE style questions based on the set of words learnt.

Students spend time flexibly on steps a, b and c based on their learning preference and prior knowledge of words. Those with a strong vocabulary (like yourself) usually learn words in the Wordbank, then skim through step (b) and focus on GRE style questions.

Those who are new to words find it beneficial to spend good time in (a) and (b) before moving to ©. The method thus offers flexibility to different kinds of learners and has been very popular with those who dread to memorize words from alphabetical wordlists.

However, we do not agree with your point that the tests provided by GREedge are not adaptive. When you joined us and took your first diagnostic test, your scores in both the verbal & quant sections were 660, 660. Your scores in the actual GRE were 800 (Q) and 710 (V). Also, your score in the verbal test that you took just before your GRE exam was 760, which means we were able to predict your scores within a range of (+) (-) 50 points (a ‘tolerance’ level of less than 10%). This was true for all the tests that you took with us, so we don’t see how it couldn’t have been adaptive.

I'm pretty sure that the "adaptive" concept is being misinterpreted here :) - if one gets a better score in Test (i+1) as compared to Test i, that does not mean that these tests are adaptive !! The definition of CAT is that, within the test, the level of questions present is a function of the user responses to the previous questions, making the choice of next question an adaptive one. Any person can (and should, as studies have shown familiarity increases proficiency in standardized tests) score more on Big Book test 10 compared to Big Book test 1 - does that mean that the Big Book (paper-based) tests are adaptive ??

Also, its interesting that you mention the score in the CATs !! Did you see my point above about the scoring used ?? Let me repeat it here for clarity :

On top of that (this feedback is equally true of both verbal and quant), at the end of the test one gets an obtuse graph, not a score !! Its the test programs job to interpret the graph, not the test takers !!

So, apparently, while my SFA's knew my score and could chalk my progress, I couldn't do so, for some strange reason, all I got was a graph and a score range "650-700 approx" !! But apparently, the actual score was tabulated after all, only kept out of my knowledge. It would be nice to actually give a reason why this was done - and yes, I didn't have the patience to compare two remarkably similar graphs in CAT i and CAT (i+1) to see how much I had improved !!

So, even if the CATs were adaptive, I wouldn't know !! And anyway, the avg scores reported in the "Progress report" showed that I averaged 680 in quants - I'm thankful I believed in myself more than I believed in that !!

In any case, we understand that your experience with GREedge was not ideal for you and would like a chance to set it right, at least for our other students.

Considering the fact that you hold a Masters degree in Computer Science and appear to pay a lot of attention to User Experience design, we invite you to be a part of our Software R&D team and provide your inputs and suggestions – both from a technical expert and an end-user perspective. If that is not possible, you could indicate to us to be on our beta-committees - small teams of student-customers who review our product and lesson releases before these are commercially offered.

If interested, you can reach us at EDITED

Hearty congratulations on a brilliant GRE score and best wishes for your academic pursuits!

Thank you for your wishes. Unfortunately, the next phase (applications) would be keeping me busy now - but IMHO, I've given plenty of feedback (both in this forum and directly in my telephonic chat), which should keep the content team busy :). Anyway, the entire GRE is changing, so I guess there may not be much point in changing the old UI now.... Edited by Erin
Forum rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I joined their 6 months program:

Let me share my horrible experience about GREedge.com

Everything was fine and perfect still i paid the money...i used to get msgs,calls and lot of emails from them still i paid the money

They used to call me every single day for the money but after i paid the fees thy never answered the cal or replied to the emails...this shows that they are purely money minded

The SFAs given by them were horrible...she cant even communicate properly in english

The doubts were unanswered for days and the materials were horrible

They say test are unlimited in number but the questions keeps repeating...so whats the point in mentioning "unlimited GRE questions"

None of my AWAs were eveluated..

i could have rathers studied with the books available than believing their words of personalized attention

on the whole please dont believe what thy say and what is written in that website...its all jus crap:mad:

Hi all,

The same thing happened with me also. Just after I pais the money, my SFAs contacted me once are twice. I am totally disappointed with their response. I actually read the reviews here and contacted them regarding this. They promised so much and almost forced me to join.

One good thing is their RCs are good but then you don't get the promised feedbacks are anything from your so called SFAs. And one more irritating thing was that they deceived me of the Express GRE available for 6 monthsand made me pay for full GRE though they know that I have got only 5 months before my test. I am working and I dint have much time to go explore everything out and they took it as an advantage. Am terribly upset with their actions. I even suggested a friend of mine to join. And I really regret that now.

MY KIND ADVICE.. PLS DONT JOIN GRE EDGE.

I would suggest GREedge to anyone intent on taking the GRE. I benefited greatly by this site, and it is due to GREedge that I was able to score 1560.

Before joining GREedge, I was of the opinion that all the free preparation material on the internet will suffice for the GRE. But, in hindsight, I have never come across any material as structured as what GREedge provides.

I joined GREedge long before I booked a date for the GRE, and after careful consideration of all the different packages. I took the 6-month complete GRE package. I went for it because I did not want to keep going physically to training centres for classes.

And how I admire that decision.

No GRE training program that I know of allows the same degree of flexibility that GREedge does. Anytime, anywhere. No need to bunk training classes for exams, assessments, important events etc. You learn when you are free. How good is that?

I know that even self-prep is "learning when you are free". But I am of the opinion that a structured learning program is more efficient than self-prep. And self-prep does not give you the number of adaptive tests that GREedge does. I took around 30 quant adaptive tests and 25 verbal tests on GREedge.

True, some of the questions are repeated when you go beyond a certain number of tests, but the number of new questions outnumber the repeating ones quite convincingly. And I felt that the tests were truly adaptive, I could sense the questions getting tougher as each test progressed, as I knew I had answered most of the previous questions correctly.

And you can see your score in each test in the "progress report" section of the learning tracker. It gives your average quant and verbal scores over all the tests that you have taken, plus a graph of your score progression. You can determine your score in your most recent test with an accuracy of plus or minus 10 points (on the current GRE pattern) from this graph. Also, the average scores are not a true measure of your ability - what you have to look for is your most recent score(s), which give a better idea of where you stand. Average scores are usually lower because of understandably poorer performances in initial tests.

Regarding a few questions/answers being incorrect/confusing, I do not say that this is not the case. I, too, found a few questions that were either wrong or for which the explanations were not entirely clarifying. But, as is the case with repeating questions, these questions are few and infrequent, and considering the number of quality questions that you do get, these questions form an insignificant number.

I prepared for AWA only in the week before the exam. I sent in 6 essays, all of which were reviewed by my facilitator, and I got good feedback both by phone and by email.

All my preparation for quant was through GREedge, except for the two powerprep tests. For verbal, apart from GREedge, I did the 50 word lists in Barron's, a few RC exercises from Barron's the day before the exam, and the powerprep exercises and tests.

I got 1570 in two of the tests I wrote on GREedge. Juxtaposing this and my actual score, GREedge gives a pretty good indication of what you are about to get, provided you place your trust in this extremely useful site, make full use of what it has to offer, and have unwavering commitment towards attaining your goal. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am one of the sincere student of GREedge . A real boon for GRE aspirants, an idea that changed the conventional way of coaching. Few years back, through one of my friend i heard about it and a sincere, diligent team joined me in my preparation.

Trust on this organization soon helped me in achieving score of 1450 in GRE.

For readers information, GREedge is an organization started by few IIT college passd outs. A very beautiful way of teaching where especially "WORKING professional" can save a lot of time as one is not required to travel miles to attend classes. Just a click away is your class and books,your test and assessment & your doubts and solutions.

My GREedge scores were like this:

Verbal 550-600

Quants 720-760

ACTUAL GRE: V 650 Q 800

I did nothing other than GREedge and Barrons!

Here I am Saaransh Jain | Facebook on facebook. Just Contact me if anyone have anything to ask about GREedge.

• 2 weeks later...
I am one of the sincere student of GREedge . A real boon for GRE aspirants, an idea that changed the conventional way of coaching. Few years back, through one of my friend i heard about it and a sincere, diligent team joined me in my preparation.

Trust on this organization soon helped me in achieving score of 1450 in GRE.

For readers information, GREedge is an organization started by few IIT college passd outs. A very beautiful way of teaching where especially "WORKING professional" can save a lot of time as one is not required to travel miles to attend classes. Just a click away is your class and books,your test and assessment & your doubts and solutions.

My GREedge scores were like this:

Verbal 550-600

Quants 720-760

ACTUAL GRE: V 650 Q 800

I did nothing other than GREedge and Barrons!

Here I am Saaransh Jain | Facebook on facebook. Just Contact me if anyone have anything to ask about GREedge.

Hi topj28/Saaransh,

I have a question - in all your other posts in this forum itself, you've mentioned that you got 1410 (V 650, Q 760). Refer to the following posts :

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/gre/131490-my-gre-practice-tests-score.html#post866127

Hey Jigsaw!! Congrats!! :) Me too gave GRE on 26th april 2011, got 1410(v650,q760,awa 3.0)

Are u planning for fall'12 or spring?? which course?

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/just-finished-my-gre/6688-practice-gre-tests-vs-real-gre-26.html#post864667

PP1 v470 q720-----> a week before

PP2 v520 q740-----> two days before

Barrons Test 1---> v640 q760

Barrons Test 2---> v600 q750

I was constantly getting above 550 in Verbal and above 740 in Quants in the Practice test from a Chennai based Gre Coaching.

Actual GRE---> v650 q760 (1410)

***I heard marks in Powerprep is equivalent to actual gre***

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/gre-awa/132632-got-1410-gre-but-awa-3-0-how-painful-it.html#post863712

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/gre-awa/127001-1460-gre-but-only-3-0-awa-please-help.html#post863493

hey hii... i too am in the same state.I got GRE 1410 & awa 3.0 . I think before applying i need to ask the admission committee about the cutoffs... and it is correct that if u hav other good assets than dont much bother about awa.

(I know that the above posts can be edited by you to "bump" up your score there as well - just hoping you have enough honesty to come clean that you increased your quant score from 760 (which you say u'd got in all your other threads), to 800 (for praising GREEdge !!))

The only question I'm asking is, if you were indeed so benefited by the program, why lie about the actual scores ?? You mentioned it twice in your post on this thread, (once by the total 1450 (instead of 1410), and then again by the actual score) - so I have had to assume this wasn't an unintentional typo.

The score you actually got (1410) is a respectable score anyday - but by choosing to enhance it only when praising GREEdge(and also disclosing your actual ID, which you hadn't done in other threads), it seems you have a certain interest in promoting their reputation !! Are they refunding all/part of your fees for this "service" you proffered ??

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ya greedge isn't good.........

1)the company is run by a pack of glib talkers who make sure you use your dads credit card for online payment... first of all...... the website looks sick...

2)second, the interface does not look like the real ets gre interface.

3)Then i found that they teach a lot of unnecessary stuff in math, which is not required for the test

4)the questions that they have in their database looks tough and takes atleast four mins to solve... in the real gre u should be solving questions in a min.

5) The SFA's dunno wat they are saying and cant convey stuff in simple english

WARNING: IF U EVER FIND GOOD REVIEWS ONLINE ABOUT GREEDGE , ITS BECAUSE

1) YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE GREEDGE WEBSITE WHICH BOASTS THAT THEIR STUDENTS ONLY SCORE 1500 AND ANYTHING LESSER THAN THAT IS A SHAME( NICE MARKETING STRATEGY) LOL!!!

2)YOU ARE LOOKING AT WEBSITES WHERE THE PEOPLE WORKING AT GREEDGE WRITE REVIEWS LIKE THEY WERE STUDENTS WHO WERE BENEFITED BY GREEDGE

DO NOT JOIN GREEDGE!! THERE ARE NUMEROUS BOOKS AVAILABLE AND NOTHING IS BETTER THAN HAVING GRE STUDY PARTNERS!!

SOURCE:

MY EXPERIENCE WITH GREEDGE

well guys, a review (good or bad) is always fishy. You should always observe the poster. Try to find out if he's working for the company under review. or maybe against.

In this case, it seems to me that Gre-Edge people have come to post good reviews for their website.

Reason? - This is the first link that comes up on googling "GRE edge review". And that was exactly my intention while creating this thread. I hope no one else wastes money on them. Fraudulent, money grabbing companies like these should simply go bankrupt due to uninterested customers.

-JS

Ya....... Pls do not join greedge... If u don't wanna be fooled like how i was...!! This is a warning to all!!! Hope everyone comes across these reviews before they join!! I hope they close down the company as soon as possible before students throw stones at them. And i don't think it is Mr. Shalimar who has posted below... It is one of the greedge guys who have posted it in his name... (very smart!!.... but we wont be fooled)

After all I'm sure Shalimar has better things to do other than searching for bad reviews about Greedge and trying to save its name!!

You can try some other strategy, greedge.... We are not kids to be fooled !!

This is a warning to people who plan to join.... DO NOT JOIN.... THESE PEOPLE USE MARKETING GIMMICKS.... THEIR VERBAL COACHING IS DISASTROUS AND QUANTS COACHING IS RIDICULOUS... SFA'S ARE TERRIBLE... THEIR WEBSITE LOOKS HORRENDOUS AND THEIR USER INTERFACE IS HIDEOUS!!! THIS IS THE FINAL VERDICT!!!!

DO U WANT A BETTER REVIEW THAN THIS?

Guys dont join GREEDGE!!thy are waiting to pull out money from your card

thy urge you to join a program saying that the discount ends today or tommorow...but i could see that thy have discount throughout the yr...rubbish:playful:

And their materials are too bad and have lot of mistakes in it

it takes ages to make the stupid sfas understand what we say

their quant questions are tooo long...practically speaking we dont get such questions at all

and the verbal is even more worse

their questions keep repeating with lot of mistakes

thy force us to buy a program...it happened to me...when one of the representative from their office called i said i cannot join the program,then thy started forcing me telling that i wont get a good score if i don't buy their program and all sort of rubbish

and thy keep calling untill we pay the money

does anyone know how to get rid of their irriatating messages and mails

all that i get is mail about some useless webinar and discounts

no reply from the trainers though

GUYS U CAN DO A SELF STUDY RATHER THAN JOINING IN GREEDGE AND WASTING YOUR PARENTS MONEY:blue:

desai

• 2 weeks later...

You people are trying to give your reviews or set up to have your Vengeance on GRE edge?

I saw many reviews here, tho few of them are true but others are baseless and are just exaggerated . Common Guys, give your true reviews. Let me share a few of my own views

1) You can not blame GRE edge if you have not made full use of it! I had completed all the sessions and after every practice test and GRE style test I got prompt feedback from my SFAs which made me realize a lot of my mistakes and made me change my way of preparation from time to time

2) I Made maximum use of my sessions with GRE edge instead of trying to finding fault in it, did you make the maximum use of your sessions?

3) Regarding SFAs, It was mentioned to me clearly that they will be giving feedback, guidance and are responsible for monitoring my preparation with them.which they did!

Apart from that, they used to send me additional learning materials as well as extra effort and intensive motivation was given to me from their side to me! MOTIVATION was something which i needed badly!!!

4) They never promised me a great score, i was not an achiever myself and my english is also not that good, they motivated me, they made me prepare systematically and more over they made me get a decent GRE score which i got in my second attempt, my first attempt was bad

5) I wish to add that, Please give your comments and feedbacks only if you had made the maximum use of the benefits which GRE edge had offered

6) I too saw the stories of some of the student who got gr8 marks, it inspired me! I was doubtful if they were true or fake!

I checked their name in facebook as well as my GRE advisor made me speak to one of the students who told me how he made his maximum use of GRE edge

You have the rights to say your views and I too have, but it doesnt means that you can keep on repeating your own bad views again and again. If someone says good about something, do appricate his/her contribution!

Every person or institution has its own good and bad points! Online training is something new for me, and what they are doing is great( According to me).

Learn to respect the good points of something.

Being a working professional with no way of other teaching center to guide me as well as with my hectic work timing, gre edge helped me in systematically preparing for GRE with the very little time which I was able to dedicate for it and it do gave me a good effort and I got 318 in my GRE!

The best thing of GRE edge was that- It made me prepare by myself with just experts as my back up and all the marks which I got was by my own efforts!

Thanks GRE edge!

Tho it does have some negative points which are mentioned in some exaggerated manner, it does too have a lot of good points too.

And regarding wasting money- MONEY SPENT ON ANY FORM OF EDUCATION IS USEFUL WHEN IT IS UTILIZED PROPERLY!

regarding giving money to poor kids - Do give it, they will wish you to get a gr8 GRE score with prayers and luck , in case you dont want to work harder.

Sitting in home and watching a screen or sitting in a class and listening to a lecture can never bring you good score, you need to recollect, practice and first of all make the most use of it!

By the way, their fees are the cheapest when compared to other institutions who charge very high and dont even care if you exist in their class or not! GRE edge gives us remainders! And if they are giving discounts, make use of it, instead of complaining! Sometimes Gr8 things comes at affordable price too!

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR HONEST VIEWS ABOUT WHAT I WROTE, INSTEAD OF JUST SCOLDING FOR LAME REASON, I have given ma identity as I don't have nothing to hide in my reviews!

Initially, i thought that, as the others post are quite old, greedge might have have changed.but a few recent post confirms that nothing has changed with the website and it would be foolish of me to enroll into the site even after reading all these messages.

Thank you all for your feedback, I might have made a terrible mistake of paying them 16000 for complete GRE 2012.

Initially, i thought that, as the others post are quite old, greedge might have have changed.but a few recent post confirms that nothing has changed with the website and it would be foolish of me to enroll into the site even after reading all these messages.

Thank you all for your feedback, I might have made a terrible mistake of paying them 16000 for complete GRE 2012.

It would be foolish of you, if you don't start your GRE prep.

If you think they are making you pay so much.

try some other institution, they charge just something 16 to 20k for three months weekend or weekday program, it might work out for you if you dont make a google search on it for some reviews.

Please don't damage a institution which had changed my life, my way of being optimistic and bringing back a smile in my parent's face!

Ever tried Lays chips, KFC Chicken or went to some five star hotel,Drank COKE or PEPSI they too have bad reviews, but still people take it. When something / some institution becomes famous, they start getting negative reviews by a few who wonder why it has become so famous( Local Mentality)

I don't understand the mentality of you people! Scared because it is online?

or is it that

you want to be a part of that strange group who thinks they are making a difference to the community which has found something extra ordinary and it would change the way of one prepares for his/her future !

Money is not at all important for a guy who is going to America!

What important is " QUALITY of EDUCATION"

Anyways am leaving off for now, going to Cal Tech ( Thanks to GRE edge) , wont be available for a month,

I regret that i found these posts very late, or else would have told some people what they deserve to know.

DISCLAIMER : Dear critics, sorry for posting Good reviews about GRE edge! I just can not see a fellow peer, friend losing his way of getting good GRE score because of some extra ordinary wrong information provided by people who don't even want to say who they are and where they are!

My sincere Apology to all those who expected to find some bad info about GRE edge in this post. You see, I don't see negativity in something which is Noble ! two months back they had 5000 students enrolled with them, that made me happy.

My Schooling was good but not able to provide upto mark education, they tried their best,

My UG due to poor finances was not that great, but they provided decent education.

The only Institution which Understood me, understood where I was wrong and gave me a friendly approach towards education was GRE edge, but now people try to damage their reputation .

" They, GRE edge ,Thought me is the same way as am going to study in America", Guided by experts and Learning, practicing by self, it's not spoon feeding which others do( come to class, listen to a lecture , go home and wonder what was thought)

Cya

Priya

Edited by priya rani

Priya Rani..... LOL

So Guys, this review is written by

A SFA from Greedge who has poor communication skills( only SFA's of Greedge can explain things in a roundabout fashion)

OR

Some student who is too enthusiastic about her gre score, owing her credits to Greedge, disregarding her own capabilities

Ever tried Lays chips, KFC Chicken or went to some five star hotel,Drank COKE or PEPSI they too have bad reviews, but still people take it. When something / some institution becomes famous, they start getting negative reviews by a few who wonder why it has become so famous( Local Mentality)

(LOL.......... What a comparison!!!.... If in case you are a student who is going to the U.S, refrain from such terrible sentence formations and justification through baseless, illogical examples)

Please don't damage a institution which had changed my life, my way of being optimistic and bringing back a smile in my parent's face ....

(Dear madame... your grammar is wrong... It is supposed to be "bringing back a smile ON my parents face" )

Money is not at all important for a guy who is going to America!

What important is " QUALITY of EDUCATION" (grammatical mistake again.... its supposed to be "Whats important is " QUALITY of EDUCATION")

(well .... money may not be a big deal for a person who is planning to pursue his/her studies in the US..... But no one would like the fact that they are being fooled by some online academy like Greedge..... it hurts their ego)

I saw many reviews here, tho few of them are true but others are baseless and are just exaggerated . Common Guys, give your true reviews. Let me share a few of my own views

(Well Fraulein....... What does common guys mean...? So what are you..... Uncommon? LOL...do u intend to say "Come On guys"?... If you desire to show off your American slang capabilities, then better learn the proper usage, else you would become a laughing stock in the U.S)

I too saw the stories of some of the student who got gr8 marks, it inspired me! I was doubtful if they were true or fake!

I checked their name in facebook as well as my GRE advisor made me speak to one of the students who told me how he made his maximum use of GRE edge

(you too saw the stories........ ROFL....... You have the capabilities to see stories.... ohhh ... but we people only have the ability to read them.. hmmm.... you must be some wonder- woman or cat-woman)

You have the rights to say your views and I too have, but it doesnt means that you can keep on repeating your own bad views again and again. If someone says good about something, do appricate his/her contribution!

(It doesn't "MEANS"?... haha........ Americans are gonna have an awesome time being with you)

Sitting in home and watching a screen or sitting in a class and listening to a lecture can never bring you good score, you need to recollect, practice and first of all make the most use of it!

("Sitting in home?".......... Hey guys do you all sit in home? haha....Again madame, It's supposed to be "sitting at home".... Didn't your verbal SFA train you for AWA and didn't she notice your poor grammar? well she wouldn't have , cos she has poor communication skills herself....... LOL)

"I don't understand the mentality of you people! Scared because it is online?"

(why should we be scared because its online?.... If we were, then none of us would have joined Greedge in the first place and write these reviews... The trends are changing and in fact people do their shopping online.. So no one is SCARED)

And Priya Rani, we have no necessity to slander the reputation of Greedge.... We have all discussed about our experiences with it!

And the verdict still holds and there will be maximum support for it

VERDICT: DO NOT JOIN GREEDGE...... GET YOURSELF A GRE STUDY PARTNER AND WORK OUT FROM BOOKS LIKE PRINCETON, KAPLAN,ETS, BARRONS...... WORTH THE MONEY AND THEY HAVE FREE SAMPLE TESTS WHICH HAVE INTERFACES SIMILAR TO THE REAL ETS GRE UNLIKE THE SICK GREEN COLORED INTERFACE OF GREEDGE)

Source:

My experiences with Greedge

First time i gave my GRE, I had enrolled at Greedge.. I scored terribly... I had prepared for unnecessary, hard questions in quants and learnt concepts which were out of scope and the interface was very misleading

Second time , i got wiser and decided to prepare on my own with books written by American Professors who have researched well about the ETS question types and strategies to tackle each question type

I scored 100 more in each section compared to my first attempt. So prepare from books like Princeton,Barrons,ETS, Kaplan..... Worth the price and their sample tests are very much similar to the real tests and they can provide you with the exact score range that you are likely to end up with, on the real GRE exam)

IN A WORLD THAT BELIEVES IN DARWIN'S THEORY OF "SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST", ITS BETTER TO BELIEVE IN YOUR OWN ABILITIES, RATHER THAN BELIEVE IN MISLEADING EXTERNAL SOURCES!

BE WISER PEOPLE.... LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES AND TEACH OTHERS NOT TO COMMIT THE SAME MISTAKE.... AFTER ALL GENEROSITY AND HELPING NATURE IS WHAT SETS APART THE HUMANS FROM ANIMALS

For heavens sake, people, do not give your full credit to Greedge if in case you had enrolled there and happen to score well. It's plainly your abilities. You would have still done well with preparation from Barrons

ETS,Princeton,Kaplan,Big book, Novas.... You do not need any guidance from any SFA or tutor when you attempt questions from the books i mentioned.. They have clearly explained the concepts as well as solutions. There is no way you could get confused. Greedge makes sure they give you tough questions so that you tend to think that the actual exam is hard, invariably you ask your SFA's for help.. These SFA's pretend to be angels, trying to give you solutions for questions which take 4 or 5 mins to solve. They use stupid marketing strategies. At the end of the day, we become the losers with low confidence levels, thinking that the real GRE questions are as hard as the ones on the Greedge website.. I'm pretty sure all of you have faced this. They try to lure people by posting the scores of those who have done extremely well. Do not fall into the trap.. Make this thread more active by posting more reviews. Let the Bare truth be let out.!!