Urch Forums

GRE in April

GRE2010

hello everybody, I am planning to take GRE in April. But I have some questions regarding the difficulty level of current GRE. Is it the same as POWERPREP or have been harder now? Any idea to improve the analogy skills?

I have got fairly good hold of the barrons words, still I tend to end up with some wrong answers owing largely to different shades of meaning. Anyway, regarding RC, I tend to forget the initial ideas as I read forward the long passages down to second and third paragraphs. I hope to keep in touch with you folks for the next few weeks.

Wish me luck :tup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yoo folks, hows it goin ?

My preparation isnt going as fast as I expected. But still doing some RC practices and trying to build the momentum. Skeletal sketch of the big passages are giving me some real hard time. :rolleyes: Dont know what will happen on D-day, gonna register soon. Keep in touch.

for writing, at first download (or buy) the arco's AWA guide. This is just fantabulous. And also look for the structures of issue and argument essays here in testmagic. And then .... . practice practice practice..... write write write ..... whatever comes in your mind ... practice those issues and arguments found in the official GRE site.

• 1 month later...
hello everybody, I am planning to take GRE in April. But I have some questions regarding the difficulty level of current GRE. Is it the same as POWERPREP or have been harder now? Any idea to improve the analogy skills?

I have got fairly good hold of the barrons words, still I tend to end up with some wrong answers owing largely to different shades of meaning. Anyway, regarding RC, I tend to forget the initial ideas as I read forward the long passages down to second and third paragraphs. I hope to keep in touch with you folks for the next few weeks.

Wish me luck :tup:

@ GRE 2010

so was the exam, you wanna share somethngs hehe

My friend, In fact I planned to take it in April but due to my work schedule I couldn't :D I am trying to appear in this month. I have gone through the vocabulary part but still struggling to build the tempo in reading comprehensions :p

@ GRE 2010

so was the exam, you wanna share somethngs hehe

Edited by GRE2010

My friend, In fact I planned to take it in April but due to my work schedule I couldn't :D I am trying to appear in this month. I have gone through the vocabulary part but still struggling to build the tempo in reading comprehensions :p

hey,

i guess the path followed was that firstly you coped with frequency & related word lists and side by sided built solid RCs questions ~

what you say about the AWA section season hehe :)

cheers ~

hii !!!

i am taking the test on 14th april. but really puzzled. i mess up with analogies usually. done barrons n practising big book tests. is gre tougher than the powerprep??? :rolleyes: help me out.

Hi anvita23! .. so did you take your test on 14th April? ... How did it go? ... Could you plz post your scores and experience? ... Thanks.

Regards,

Orchid11.