Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Get your IELTS essay checked and graded for free

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Sponsored Ad:
    You have seen an advertisement in an English newspaper for a job working in the City Museum shop during the holidays.
    You decide to apply for the job. Write a letter to the director of the Museum. In your letter:
    · introduce yourself
    · explain what experience and special skills you have
    · explain why you are interested in the job

Dear Sir/madam,
    I have seen your advertisement about a job working in City Museum shop in holidays. My name is ........... and I’m 28 years old and my English language is quiet well. I can speak fluently however you will understand in interview time if you giving me a chance to have a meeting face to face,
    Actually from my early youth I have interested in ancient articles specially some stuff that belong our ancestors. I believe that these priceless things should be more attendant. Therefore with this passion I read a lot about the articles and almost know more that for instance in which year they found out and what kind of group find them. So it’s really fascinating that all visitors should know, I believe that increasing general knowledge about something special could enhance people eagerness to following it and also come to Museum.
    I could be a good advertisement, passionate could motivate people to care more about their countries and also persuade other nationalities to come and visit their Museum so I thing I’m good in leading a group of people and talk more about museum articles ,I would be glad to share my knowledge and I reckon it’s honorable.
    Thank you in advance and I’m waiting for your kind reply .
    Yours faithfully,

Good post? Yes | No
    CAN SOMEONE GRADE THIS GENERAL TRAINING WRITING TASK 1
    To whom it may concern

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am writing to you with great dissatisfaction and regret. Allow me to elaborate why I am so perturbed. Actually, I am staying in accommodation provided by college in B wing , Room No 301 which is twin shared room and my roommate who has recently moved in, is very much self –obsessed person.
    He is party lover with high music and lots of friends visting till late night everyday which causes dirty room,nasty plates,unbearable smell of left over food.Most of my things including important notes went missing. I have no comfort in sleeping and studying which is impacting my health as well as studies.
    I am working hard to get my degree completed with distinction to get better chances of college placement so that I can repay my education loan. I will be really obliged if you can please provide me separate room in next term.
    Hoping to receive your supporting reply,

Good post? Yes | No

please mark my essay

What are the factors which are related to an academic success in high-school students?
    As we all know, education plays an important role in the development of a nation and the importance of building up a resume shows itself as high-school is the inevitable path to enter the academic world.
    A recent announcement has been made on the part of the related authorities that starting the upcoming academic year, the GPA of the high-school students would be a decisive factor for them to make a progress academically. Experts are of the belief that facilities should be made available for the students in order for them to approach success. They believe measures should be taken by the government to provide schools with the essential requirements such as libraries and sufficient learning kits.
    The consensus on the other hand is that the government plays no important role in an individual’s success and that perseverance is all it takes for the children to make leaps. It is actually due to the fact that it has been proven that hard work finally pays off.
    Having discussed the matter from different angles and dimensions one comes to the understanding that hard working and availability of necessary stuff are directly associated with one another. For instance studying hard has no result if one suffers lack of auxiliary books at school. I firmly believe that so many factors are needed to make a winner out of high-school and the most important one is being able to focus on your future and therefore ignoring every other distraction that comes along the way. This may come a bit too hard, but if you saw the bigger picture it would lessen the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostril5 View Post
    Hi Behbahani,
    The introduction is a 5.0. The structure is fine, but the grammar makes it difficult to understand (particularly the first and last sentence). Do not use 'whereas' or 'besides' until your English is stronger. The examiners will not notice

The body paragraphs look like a low 6.0. The grammar is much better (although you do use a lot of simple sentences).

The conclusion is a 5.5. You state your opinion, but there is no summary (scientists are not mentioned). Because of this, you end with a crazy set of statements. "To sum up, I stand for the latter opinion which means I do agree artists deserve more value. They should be supported and treated well by societies " is pretty good. Put a summary before this and you will get an easy 6.0.

Overall, you should get a 5.5, but a 6.0 is close. Go to school. They will sort you out in a month.

Mike

Good post? Yes | No
    please mark my essay..

What are the factors which are related to an academic success in high-school students?

As we all know, education plays an important role in the development of a nation and the importance of building up a resume shows itself as high-school is the inevitable path to enter the academic world.
    A recent announcement has been made on the part of the related authorities that starting the upcoming academic year, the GPA of the high-school students would be a decisive factor for them to make a progress academically. Experts are of the belief that facilities should be made available for the students in order for them to approach success. They believe measures should be taken by the government to provide schools with the essential requirements such as libraries and sufficient learning kits.
    The consensus on the other hand is that the government plays no important role in an individual’s success and that perseverance is all it takes for the children to make leaps. It is actually due to the fact that it has been proven that hard work finally pays off.
    Having discussed the matter from different angles and dimensions one comes to the understanding that hard working and availability of necessary stuff are directly associated with one another. For instance studying hard has no result if one suffers lack of auxiliary books at school. I firmly believe that so many factors are needed to make a winner out of high-school and the most important one is being able to focus on your future and therefore ignoring every other distraction that comes along the way. This may come a bit too hard, but if you saw the bigger picture it would lessen the pain.

Good post? Yes | No

Smile Would you please check my ielts writing task 2 essay

Q) Being a celebrity such as famous film star or sports personality – brings problems as well as benefits.
    Do you think that being a celebrity brings more benefits or problems?

Ans)

Celebrities are most popular icons in the world. Getting a celebrity status is not an easy job. The person who achieves highest level among all people by hard work known as celebrity. Undoubtedly, the famous people have gained lots of benefits that common man doesn’t gain. Although, some society individuals think that famousness brings lot of downsides to the people, I believe that it brings innumerable number if benefits such as money and social status.

Celebrities are gaining lots of money in and around the work. They can earn lots of money with less amount of period compared to common people who are living in community. For example, Dhoni, A famous and popular Indian cricketer has gained 20000000 dollars money for an advertisement that he acted for a famous worldwide company. This was happened because of his fame in sports. This amount is not equivalent to a common school teacher whose pay is far less than him. It is clear that being a celebrity would have positive effect in their life and this is one of the two reasons that person can get as a celebrity.
    High level social status, the celebrities has acquired than a normal people. Celebrities are role models, they can motivate the people towards their success. For Instance, Amitabh Bachan, A famous well known person and popular Indian star has gained high status, by administrating a lot of shows and involved in many social activities.

In conclusion, celebrities such as famous people have a lot of benefits such as economically sound and high level status. Therefore, I strongly believe that, being a famous personality people has got immense amount of advantages than a drawbacks. It is better said that if celebrity spends the money towards society growth.

Good post? Yes | No
    Mike could you grade my essay ?

Convenience foods will become increasigly prevalent and eventually replace traditional foods and traditioanal methods of food prepration.
    to what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion.

Some people think that the convenience foods will become prevalent more and more everyday and eventually they will replace traditional foods and traditional methods of food preparation. I am going to discuss that is unlikely to happen.

After the Industrial revolation, time became the new instrument for measuring the productivty and it become more important in people's daily life. Becasue of lack of time, people have started to have less spare time than they used to, sleep less than they used to and spend less time for their eating habits than they used to. Today convenience foods are the great time savers for the people and because of this, convenience foods become more prevalent than they had never been before. People who are working and studying usually don't have enough time and energy to prepare a traditional breakfast or a dinner and convenience foods are very effective for them. The best example for how convenience foods change our eating habits is breakfast serials. In last 20 years the consumption of breakfast serial per person in a day in USA rose from 12 grams to 25 grams. That shows us people don't spent time for eating and preparing breakfasts like they used to.

On the other hand, food is the biggest part of many cultures and leaving behind the old habits is not easy as it seems. Even the convenience foods are great time savers if a convenience food is not fit a country's cuisine it will probably have a limited effect on changing the eating habits. For example in Italy, some international companies have started to sell Korean noodles and ramens which artifically modified with italian tastes. Even though they are cheaper and more easy to prepare than the italian pasta, traditional italian pasta is still the market's leader.

Another reason which stops the convenience foods replacing traditional foods and traditional methods of food preparation is the health issues. As a well known fact, most of the convenience foods are unhealty and consuming that type of food for a long period can couse many disesaes like diabetesi obesity or cardiovasculer diseases.

Overall because of the traditional eating and food preparation habits based on the culture in many countries and obvious health concerns, even though the convenience foods are very easy to prepare and artifically teasty, it is not seem to be possible to have a great impact on people's eating and food preparation habits.

Thanks.

Good post? Yes | No
    Could you please check for me?
    what is the pros and cons of publice transport?
    In today is society, it is a common sight to see more and more people using public transport. For many, this is a way to protect environment and relax during the way to an office. But there is a concern about crimes when public transport gets overcrowded. In this essay, I will discuss about both sides, following by what I think is right.
    Let is begin by looking at the upsides of using public transport. An increment of the number of passengers choosing buses, trolley cars and bullet trains means there will be a reduction of emissions and gases. Therefore, the air will be fresher and the global’s environment is protected.
    Another advantage is you have more time to relax. Instead of driving yourself to a company, a driver will do that for you. While sitting on a chair, you can entertain by listen to music, read a book or even sleep in case of you have busy works the previous day.
    Turning to the other side of the argument, crimes are a major problem. Many people think it is difficult to avoid pickpockets and robbers when board buses or trams. In the rush hour, a large number of passengers try to get in public transport as fast as possible is a big chance for those criminals. Although you know those are around, there is no way to keep your belongings safety while everybody is hurrying and trying to push, pull, break the queue. As a result, neither you board the bus nor keep the belongings.
    To sum up, using public transport is either good or bad choice depends on you. Using vehicles that environmentally friendly is a benefit, in contrast, the drawback is lost money. Personally, I strongly believe using public transport is still the best choice.

Good post? Yes | No

Hi guys, could you please assess my IELTS WRITING TASK 1.

The graph gives information about the unemployment rate between young English people over a period from 1992 to 2014.
    There were two main trends of youth unemployment level In two age groups precisely steady trend of 16-17 years old people and upward trend of citizen aged 18-24. Herewith the trend of the 18-24 years old people had similar trend of the whole youngster’s unemployment in that period.
    In relation to the unemployment due people aged 18-24 in England over 22-year period these decreased from 1992 to 2002 and it rose from 2002 to 2012 (from almost 750 000 to 400 000 and from 400 000 to nearly 800 000 accordingly). In 2012 the trend had been broken and the unemployment rate fell down sharply from almost 800 000 to practically 600 000 young people.
    At that time the level of 16-17 years old unemployment rate was steady from 1992 to 2012 and it went down fluently from 2002 to 2014 (almost 200 000 and from nearly 200 000 to practically 170 000 respectively).

Thanks a lot! I am very excited cause its the first essay i put online, please be tough to me , I know I have many things to work on. am looking forward to your comments..:-D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Get your IELTS essay checked and graded for free-ielts-wt1.jpg  

Good post? Yes | No

Re: Get your IELTS essay checked and graded for free

Some people believe that the use of mobile phones in public is asannoying as smoking and should be banned, similarly to smoking. Give youropinion and examples from your own experience.

There is no doubt that talking loudly on cell phones in public is pretty much universally frowned upon. Many people hold the opinion that it is creating a nuisance in public places, therefore should be banned as smoking. I personally believe, despite complete banning of mobile phones,measures should be taken to tackle this issue wisely as it would be very difficult for people to switch off their phones.

There are multifarious reasons to support my view. First of all, in today’s fast paceof lifeno one wantsto be disconnectedfrom their links andcontacts from the rest of the world. In addition, people want to usetimewhile waitingfor their trains orbuses or during commute.By this way,they can be updated from current affairsaround the globe or can be linked to their favouritewebsite such as Facebook. Furthermore, cellphones, no doubt, are the cheapest and effective way of connectionto ourloved ones, no matter where you are. Apparently, in case of anyemergiency , it is one of the bestmodesof a communication.Having said that, I would emphasis the importance of education and etiquettes for variouslocationsto let the users knowwhenit is not appropriateto use their phones. Forinstance, in hospital, there are some healthand safety issueslinked with the signal and medical equipments. So, mobilephones should strictly be bannedin thoseareas. Similarly, technology can apply on other public places. By usingsubvoccal microphones/software and by keeping their phones either on silent mode or vibration modes, people can minimize the noise which causes thedisturbance to others.
    To conclude, although talking loudly in public places is annoying, banning the cell phones completly is notthe right solution. Education should be given to cell phone users to follow the ethics of using technology effectively.

Good post? Yes | No

Re: Get your IELTS essay checked and graded for free

please check and feedback my IELTS essay as I have my exam on28 of this month. Thanks a lot.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information