See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Get your IELTS essay checked and graded for free

Free IELTS preparation

10 out of 10 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Get your IELTS essay checked and graded for free

Sponsored Ad:
    Hi everybody,

IELTS-blog now offers another free service - every registered user can send one essay (IELTS Writing Task 2) get it graded by experienced IELTS teacher, including remarks and suggestions.

So don't be shy - help us help you!
    Remember - you are not alone
    www.IELTS-blog.com is your best study partner

Good post? Yes | No
    I don't trust this site (testbig.com) as it gives 6.0 (for TOEFL though) for essays that could get only 3.0 I don't know how the system works in this site.
    I did it!!!

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

IELTS writing (General )

Could you please mark my essay .

A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you wonít be home until the evening.
    Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:

• explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and get into the house
    • tell your relative how to get from the train station to your house
    • say when you will be home and suggest what you could do together that evening

Dear Kim

I am so sorry that I should work in the day you are coming, I asked one of my best friends , Sam, that is neighbor too, to deliver key to you when you arrive.she live at 5/3 .Feel free to ring their door bell please.
    There are three ways to get home, first you can use taxi that is little bit expensive, the second way is take a bus in the main street, just walk from train station to the Mary main street and you will find a bus station at your right.
    I will be at home at 4 and then we can talk and then make a dinner and go out and have fun, I am so sorry again that I couldn't make to visit you at train station , feel free to take anything you need and feel like your own home.
    Sincerely
    Shahla
    Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance?
    Discuss this issue, and give your opinion.

Should visitors pay money for entertainment venues like museums or art gallery or not, there are different subjects that can discuss here.

First , the keeping and take care of the staff in museums have so many expenses like hiring skilled staff to clean , study, research, building expenses, electricity power, and other expenses. so maybe people can pay for these expenses and help to take care of the staff inside of the museum or art gallery. Not for the all expenses but just some part of the expense and in this way they feel they are paying for keeping museum or art galley and they art part of this responsibility.

Second, despite all expenses all people even poor people have right to visit museum or art gallery and enjoy theses, no matter how rich or poor they are.So government should have a plan to pay for museum or art gallery to give this opportunity to anybody to vist museum or art gallery.

Finally , I think it it better to decrease price of the bill to the lowest price that any body in society can afford it and then government pay for the rest of the expenses. In this way all people able to visit what they like to see in museums and art galleries.

To sum up, every body have right , no matter poor or rich, and government should have a plan to respect people of their society and give them chance to visit arts-related entertainment venues .

Good post? Yes | No
    Writing academic,Please any one grade me and give me a band
    Nowadays in a modern society punishment are established in order to reduce crimes and bring everlasting security and justice in a society.Setting punishment for each type of crime is a debatable issue.People argue that punishment must be in regard to act, however another group of people believe that verdict must be implemented by taking consideration of circumstances and motivations. It can only be justified by analyzing the situation for crime before deducing the punishment.

Circumstances for the crime is very important issue for a crime.For example,killing someone in self defense can't be compared with a lunatic killing for pleasure.However it must not be forgotten that a culprit may be exempted for his/her sin if he/she is able to prove the court that the incident took place as a act of self defense.Thus ,a court must be vigilant in giving its verdict after thoroughly examining the scene before deducing its final judgement.

Secondly,motivation for committing a crime is a serious factor that impels one individual to be a criminal.For instance, a hungry person are forced to steal in a situation of drought and famine to satisfy his/her needs.On the other hand,it is not comparable to a person who mixes a stone in a raw food materials,purely to earn financial incentives.In addition, if an incident took place that didn't have any harmful effect,then it is not justifiable to categories it as a crime.Nevertheless ,it is very wise to analysis the crime before judgement.
    On summary,it can be conceded that fixed punishment for each type of crime is not applicable to modern society,rather circumstances and motivations must be properly taken into account.Furthermore,it can be totally exemplified by crimes done in self defense and stealing during famine. On the contrary, it is also wise to understand the scenario of crime so that a culprit may not escape from wrong deeds.

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi! I do give free IELTS Writing Makeovers. If you want a free makeover, visit A Teacher's Odyssey.
    MIRACEL
    www.teachersodyssey.blogspot.com

Good post? Yes | No

Need Help :(... plz check my IELTS essay task 2

Topic: Some people think that the sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co operate become more useful adults. Discuss and give your opinion

Answer:

In today's modern world, the level of competition among children have rose immense due to rise in percentage share of younger generation, limited number of resources and improved standard of education. Some believe that a sense of competition should be encouraged among children to make them more successful. While, others argue that coorporation rather than competition can develop better individuals and ultimately better members of our society.

There is no denying the fact, that it is the sense of competition that can assist children in knowing what their target is and therefore encourage them to work with more zeal and enthusiam. In addition, it is only through competition we will be able to differentiate the best and capable children from the rest. Furthermore, every child will put his hardwork to compete against eachother and therefore there will be no free-riders.

On the contrary, there are also number of benefits that children can gain by working collectiively. Firstly, they will be better able to work in teams. Secondly, in order to succeed every child will be motivated to contribute the best he/she can. Lastly, even the children who are not capable enough to work on their own will also be able to perform well and avoid getting discouraged because of "fear of failure".

To conclude, after analyzing both sides of the topic we can comprehend that neither competition or coorporation can benefit along. Children should be encouraged to compete and also at times coorporate with each other to achieve the best results.

Thanks
    Muhammad

Good post? Yes | No

Could you please score me IELTS Writing 1

Could you please score me IELTS Writing 1. Thank you in advance.

Writing 1

Get your IELTS essay checked and graded for free-w1_1.jpg

The chats reflect result of inquiry about aims and fees sources for studying of adults.

According to the graph interest in subject was mentioned by 40% of mature student what makes it the most widespread reason. 2% less respondents were about to gain qualifications.

Work-related issues make considerable impact on decision to study, 22% of surveyed expect it to be helpful for current job and 12% want to change a job and 20% looked forward improving prospects of promotion. The same number of people went on studying because they enjoy the process.

Finally meeting people is in the end of the reasons list with 9%.

Concerning studying fees survey showed following results: the main part of 40% must be provided by individuals, 35% of costs are going to be covered by employer and the last 20% remain to be shared by taxpayers.

So further education could be caused by variety if commitment either it could be feed by range of sources.

Good post? Yes | No

Can anyone check my IELTS essay ?

Hi,
    Is there anyone who can check my essay and let me know my mistakes?I need to get band 7 in writing.
    Thanks in advance.

Many newspapers and magazines feature stories about the private lives of famous people. We know what they eat, where they buy their clothes and who they love. We also often see pictures of them in private situations.
    Is it appropriate for a magazine or newspaper to give this kind of private information about people?

It is the burning, debatable question whether or not media should publish the private information about the celebrityís life. Everyday people use the newspaper to get the information about their favorite celebrities. These are the people who believe that celebritiesí life is not private and all the news should be published in public.
    Since it is true that celebrities make significant effect on personís mind, they watch them on national television doing something extra-ordinary. People try to imitate their favorite celebrities as they are interested in becoming like their desired celebrities. They are fascinating knowing celebrityís lifestyles, where they eat, from where they purchase their clothes and with whom they have a current affair and the history about their career.

Celebrities work for longer hours to produce the desired output. After finishing longer hours of work, they expect to have some privacy for themselves where they can spend quality time with their favorite ones. This is one of the reason celebrities try to avoid interaction with media while spending their leisure time. Since they avoid interaction, they become the front headline news stating that particular celebrity is arrogant and rude. Media adds extra unnecessary news to add up some spice in the news which is enough to giggle the viewers and in order to increase their sale.

Finally, media should publish the original news rather than the gossip as it would affect celebritiesí career and their fans prospective. It would be more appropriate if media publish celebrityís achievements and awards to public rather than private pictures and rumor. The chitchat would affect the celebrity and they would become rude and arrogant rather than friendly towards media.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi,
    This looks like a 6.0. The grammar and vocabulary are close to a 7.0, but the structure is poor.
    The introduction has 3 background statements in it. A 7.0 should have some sort of overview:, such as "This essay will explore the advantages and disadvantages of the publication of private details of celebrities' lives."
    Each body paragraph should have a topic sentence to state what the idea of that paragraph is, such as "First, the public has some right to know something about their favourite celebrity."; "However, celebrities also have the right to some sort of private life."
    The conclusion is not bad.
    Regarding your vocabulary, it is somethimes influenced by your first language (?): 'giggle' is wrong; 'chitchat' is too informal.
    For your grammar, you overuse 'the'.
    I hope this helps.
    Mike

Many newspapers and magazines feature stories about the private lives of famous people. We know what they eat, where they buy their clothes and who they love. We also often see pictures of them in private situations.
    Is it appropriate for a magazine or newspaper to give this kind of private information about people?

It is the burning, debatable question whether or not media should publish the private information about the celebrityís life. Everyday people use the newspaper to get the information about their favorite celebrities. These are the people who believe that celebritiesí life is not private and all the news should be published in public.
    Since it is true that celebrities make significant effect on personís mind, they watch them on national television doing something extra-ordinary. People try to imitate their favorite celebrities as they are interested in becoming like their desired celebrities. They are fascinating knowing celebrityís lifestyles, where they eat, from where they purchase their clothes and with whom they have a current affair and the history about their career.

Celebrities work for longer hours to produce the desired output. After finishing longer hours of work, they expect to have some privacy for themselves where they can spend quality time with their favorite ones. This is one of the reason celebrities try to avoid interaction with media while spending their leisure time. Since they avoid interaction, they become the front headline news stating that particular celebrity is arrogant and rude. Media adds extra unnecessary news to add up some spice in the news which is enough to giggle the viewers and in order to increase their sale.

Finally, media should publish the original news rather than the gossip as it would affect celebritiesí career and their fans prospective. It would be more appropriate if media publish celebrityís achievements and awards to public rather than private pictures and rumor. The chitchat would affect the celebrity and they would become rude and arrogant rather than friendly towards media.[/QUOTE]

Good post? Yes | No
    Thanks Mike, Your suggestions are really helpful.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information