Urch Forums

Introduction and Profile Evaluation

Econlete

Hi Guys

As a newcomer to this forum, I just wanna say hi to everyone. Well I am not exactly new, I've been reading the posts for like ages.

Okay Let's not further digress, below is my profile.

Type of Undergrad: UCL BSc Mathematics with Economics, Top 5 UK and Top 3 UK for Economics, graduation June 2020

GPA: 80+, First class honours

GRE: 164 V/ 168 Q/ 4.5 AW

Maths Courses: Analysis 1 and 2 (Sequences, Series, Continuous Functions, Differentiation, Riemann Integrations)

Complex Analysis (Analysis 3), Real Analysis (Baby Rudin, Metric and Topological Spaces, Compactness, Continuity, ODEs)

Measure Theory (To be taken) Measure Theoretic Probability (To be taken) Functional Analysis (To be taken)

Methods 1 (Think US calculus 1) Methods 2 (Think Calculus 2/3 + Intro to Python) Methods 3 (Vector Calculus, Fourier Series, Calculus of Variation)

Computational Methods (Numerical Techniques in numerical linear algebra, and the design, implementation and analysis of relevant algorithms, based on Python). I plan to take one or two further modules in that direction.

Economics Course: Economics Combined Studies 1 (Intro and Intermediate Micro/Macro) (Full Year), Economics Combined Studies 2 (Intermediate Micro/Macro with the Micro portion based on Varian's Microeconomic Analysis).

Research Experience: This would be the place that I am currently working on. I plan to do a thesis in Economics next academic year (full year). I have published two blog posts and one articles in UCL economics tribune, a peer reviewed Economics journal unknown internationally. I will also work in a research placement with an internationally well-known prof in Shanghai, China, in a top Chinese school.

Recs: None of yet. I plan to get a rec from econ dissertation, a rec from the prof I would work with and a rec from a maths prof i will be working with in the third year.

That is all for now, I would greatly appreciate it if you guys can provide some suggestions on the ways I can improve my profile. Thanks much!

Edited by Econlete