Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 700 (Q49, V35)...finally I'm done with the GMAT

Good post? Yes | No
    Sponsored Ad:
    Thanks boston. Just let me know when you visit Thailand, and I love Vietnamese Pho very much.

Quote Originally Posted by boston_dream View Post
    Damn man. 700 is an awesome score. You can think of top b-schools with that score. Congrats!

P/S: BTW, if you're in Thailand, maybe I can see you some day . I'm in Vietnam
    Confront the brutal facts. Yet never lose faiths.

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Congrats..

An Urch Guru Pundit Swami Sage

Good post? Yes | No
    Hello TaTum,

Thanks for providing your insights.

Can you please tell what material you referred for RC. I am done with RC from OG11 and OG 10 and doing RC passages will not give me any fresh perspective as I remember the answers of these passages.

I am unable to download the first part of adhamjon's notes, I don't know why, the file is not opening up while I can open the second file. Could you please email me the first file at gmater08 at the rate of gmail . com

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by TaTum View Post
    Hello Gmater-1,

To be honest, I had difficulty dealing with it as well. However, below were what I did when I got 700. And, in my view, SETs are almost in line with the real GMAT.

1. Identify what kinds of topics you get: business, science, or cultural studies.
    2. Attack the first paragraph to get the big picture.
    3. Pay attention to tone of each paragraph and all key words, such as surprisingly, unfortunately, however, etc.
    4. Create an outline of the passage in your own words, but paraphrase it mentally. Don't write down anything; it wastes too much time.
    5. Read each answer choice carefully because, as I mentioned earlier, it is neatly designed to trap you.
    6. If you don't understand, dare to guess logically and move on. Basically no question, even the most difficult one, deserves more than a couple minutes.

In case you never see this link, check it out.
    http://www.urch.com/forums/gmat-read...on-skills.html

Other useful materials.
    GMAT Materials

Good luck!

Good post? Yes | No
    Don't worry. That was exactly my problem too.
    I would recommend "RD1000" for drilling RD, and "SET21-31" for practicing a full-length test.

For adhamjon's note, here is another website that I have uploaded it to.
    2shared - download Adhamjons SC notes.pdf

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Gmater-1 View Post
    Hello TaTum,

Thanks for providing your insights.

Can you please tell what material you referred for RC. I am done with RC from OG11 and OG 10 and doing RC passages will not give me any fresh perspective as I remember the answers of these passages.

I am unable to download the first part of adhamjon's notes, I don't know why, the file is not opening up while I can open the second file. Could you please email me the first file at gmater08 at the rate of gmail . com

Thanks in advance

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    Don't worry. That was exactly my problem too.
    I would recommend "RD1000" for drilling RD, and "SET21-31" for practicing a full-length test.

For adhamjon's note, here is another website that I have uploaded it to.

Good luck!
    Hi,

Congrats Tatum on a great score. Am also facing the same problem, I did about 42 RCs from the 1000 RC . What do you recommemnd I do. I need to increase my speed as well as accuracy. The real trouble comes because, owign to a really bad handwriting, I cannot make notes as I read to refer back when I am on the questions. Hope you understand my concern here.

The other concern I have is this :

I gave some tests :
    GMATPrep 1 - 710
    Powerprep - 790
    GMatPrep 1 again - 760(very few questions repeated)
    Princeton Review - 720
    Manhattan GMAT CAT 1 - 640(I really am down morale wise as this is the last test I gave last Sunday)

Am not sure what to do and how to proceed - I did OG11,OG10, Manhattab SC guide, Kaplan 800 and Powerscore CR Bible. But have not been able to muster the courage to take a date as yet.

Kindly help me , I think I am ready but the Manhattan score really showed me the stars.

Thanks.

Regards,
    -Girish Malik

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    Also if you could mail these notes to me at malik.girish@gmail.com, I'd really appreciate. Thanks.

-Regards,
    Girish Malik

Good post? Yes | No
    Dear jmdgirish,

I would say you are in a pretty good shape right now. Be confident! If I were you going to take the GMAT in a couple weeks, I think it would be a time to focus on the quality rather than quantity. Enjoy digesting from what you have done, while keep practicing a full-length test by doing SET21-31 (time yourself) and the GMAT Prep 2.

Just forget about MGMAT; it to some degree differs from the authentic GMAT, and its Quan is perhaps too difficult.

For RD, I, realizing it costed too much time, didn't write down anything. Rather, I did paraphrase the context of the each paragraph mentally.

For the note you asked for, please download it from the below link.

Good luck!
    Last edited by TaTum; 01-20-2009 at 04:12 AM.

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    Dear jmdgirish,

I would say you are in a pretty good shape right now. Be confident! If I were you going to take the GMAT in a couple weeks, I think it would be a time to focus on the quality rather than quantity. Enjoy digesting from what you have done, while keep practicing a full-length test by doing SET21-31 (time yourself) and the GMAT Prep 2.

Just forget about MGMAT; it to some degree differs from the authentic GMAT, and its Quan is perhaps too difficult.

For RD, I, realizing it costed too much time, didn't write down anything. Rather, I did paraphrase the context of the each paragraph mentally.

For the note you asked for, please download it from the below link.

Good luck!
    Thanks so much,
    Need one more favour please, kindly let me know if there is any way I can get the Sets 21-31 , I do not have these I guess. Any link would be really helpful.

Incidentally I gave Manhattan CAT 2 and got 670, not sure whats going on but am getting too many incorrect. I have realised I get into solving a question and just stick on to it rather than guessing, I am findign it really hard to get over this habit. As a result I end up guessing at teh last questions. Am stupid I know and I hate myself for repeatedly doing this again and again. Any thoughts?

Thanks again and would be eternally grateful if you could guide me to the Sets 21-31.

Many Thanks.

-Regards,
    Girish

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi,

You can get SET21-31 from below, a website that Kill GMAT has created.
    GMAT Materials

For MGMAT CAT, as I said before, even though someone find it useful, I didn't. The reason was that I had performed quite well in MGMAT but later I got only 640 in the real gmat. I felt it required differently from what the real GMAT wanted. However, I think it comes with excellent explanation, which you can learn from. Plus, if you are run out of time in Verbal, you should better manage your pacing anyhow.

Stay cool, and reevaluate your performance when doing the GMATPrep or SETs!

Good luck,
    Last edited by TaTum; 01-21-2009 at 04:28 AM.

An Urch Guru Pundit Swami Sage

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi TaTum,

Thanks for your sharing the link, I am now able to download the notes. Looks like you have disabled your PM option, would you mind to drop a test mail from your side to me at gmater08 @ gmail . com

Thanks in Advance

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information