Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: From 470 to 700! On My Second Try? Say It Ain't So!

Good post? Yes | No
    Sponsored Ad:
    thanx alot campanella, i am trying to be as rigurous as i can, and tell u what just yesterday i scored 650 on gmat prep q 43 and verbal 37...best part is only a few about 3 or max 4 questions got repeated in quants and i got the first couple of qyestions rong.....i feel much better now and will give another prep tomorrow...u r rite in saying that i should practice questions rather than looking at concepts and thats wat i am doing.....just i am really confident in verbal but no matter what i cannot feel confident in maths and mock up easy questions...thanx for the material ill now look at it....i must say campanella u have been a great help and a matter of inspiration for me....now I go into the test not thinking of whether ill get 600 but that ill do my best and the result will take care of itself....thanx a million...

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi there, I scored a 660 today in the second GMAT Prep test with Q 45 V 35, i want to ask u as my test approaching can i expect a similar score in test, i have given most of the tests under strict conditions and now i am not struggling wid time in q which was happening earlier....hey i am not feeling nervous...is it bad....and tell me some tips for the test day, i am feeling confident but after going through some debriefs it looks like the Gmat has become very tough.....

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

an achievement

Hi...
    Thats a great achievement... keep it up.

'Am in the same situation now. Took my GMAT on July 12th 2010 and scored a dismal 460 (35Q, 20V). Now my target is to take again in August 4th week and score a lot better.

I have never been able to score a 700 in any of the practice tests till date. So there is a lack of confidence that I can do that in the real exam. But again, you are an exception here. So taking courage from you.

What is your feeling about MGMAT tests? How nearer they are to the real one? I can see you have more concentrated on GMAC's practice tests only.

'Am determined to follow your study plan. Let me update you about the progress.

gl

Good post? Yes | No

an achivement...

Hi...
    Thats a great achievement... keep it up.

'Am in the same situation now. Took my GMAT on July 12th 2010 and scored a dismal 460 (35Q, 20V). Now my target is to take again in August 4th week and score a lot better.

I have never been able to score a 700 in any of the practice tests till date. So there is a lack of confidence that I can do that in the real exam. But again, you are an exception here. So taking courage from you.

What is your feeling about MGMAT tests? How nearer they are to the real one? I can see you have more concentrated on GMAC's practice tests only.

'Am determined to follow your study plan. Let me update you about the progress.

Good post? Yes | No

Thanks for the story

Thank for the story. Have been kicking around to head to b-school for some time. Had taken the gmat pretty much cold a while back and from the get go I was underwater. Felt Like Lioness from the peanuts as the teacher exposes "blah,Blah,Blah..." Thanks for the brief and approach. Cheers B

Good post? Yes | No

2009 to 2014 and you're still an inspiration

I'm the same girl that managed to work my way into an amazing job after bachelor degree- purely on the merit of hard work, not by my 4.0 (which I never achieved, and not for lack of trying).

I'd like to also point out that I managed 200 pt increase on my SAT math portion when I took it, but I studied- I mean I worshiped the SAT prep materials I could get my hands on to do so.

It's now going on 5 years since you last wrote in this forum about your success and it's what is giving me tremendous hope.

Not even sure you'll read this now- probably so far removed from grad school things, that this seems like a lifetime ago. Just wanted to revive the thread, in my first post as a Urch Forum member, because I'm truly scared that I won't be able to master it like you have. Although that in and of itself is NOT enough to keep me from taking your advice.

Hope you continued to succeed in your life beyond the GMAT and graduated at the top of your class

Trying to make mom and pop proud LunarPower's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good post? Yes | No

Re: From 470 to 700! On My Second Try? Say It Ain't So!

i got 270 in my first attempt; now i'm waiting 730+ in my second attempt !

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information