Sponsored Ad:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Cancelled scores be used?

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Can Cancelled scores be used?

Sponsored Ad:
    Hi jus wanted to know if ill have to re take the gre, I have my scores in hand but I had cancelled them at the test..coz I thought I had screwed up...

Please help/Advice!!

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    If you canceled at the center, then you can't use it. I'm a bit confused as to why you have the scores though. I thought that if you cancel your score, you can't find out your score.

Good post? Yes | No
    Unless i'm quite mistaken, i think you can reinstate your scores, if your request for such reaches ETS no later then 10 days, you also have to pay US$20.

Test Center Procedures and Regulations
    Last edited by jk101; 11-17-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Link Correction

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephornia View Post
    If you canceled at the center, then you can't use it. I'm a bit confused as to why you have the scores though. I thought that if you cancel your score, you can't find out your score.
    I saw my scores at the end of the test.After that I cancelled it.I dunno know if I can use it now..

Good post? Yes | No
    I am really skeptical that you can cancel your scores after seeing them. Do you mean to say that you did not send them to any universities?

From the GRE website:
    At the end of the test, you will be given the option to cancel your scores. You cannot cancel your score for one section of the test and have the scores for the remaining sections reported. Although you have the option to cancel your scores, consider very carefully before doing so. Your scores will be reported to GRE score recipients only at your request. If you cancel your scores, they will NOT be reported to you or any score recipients, and no refund will be made. Canceled scores are not added to your permanent record. If you wish to take the test again, you must reregister and submit another test payment.

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by jk101 View Post
    Unless i'm quite mistaken, i think you can reinstate your scores, if your request for such reaches ETS no later then 10 days, you also have to pay US$20.

Cancel, Reinstate, Rescore
    jk101, you linked to the TOEFL page instead of the GRE page. On the other hand, the policies for the two tests are fairly the same.

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    chana - don't try to make a chana out of us. So you are telling that you completed your last question, paused the exam, got some tea, confirmed to see the score, say for example saw 1100, pondered for 1 hour as to keep it or dump it and then finally decided tocancel the score.. haha!

You should have paid extra registeration charges for this kind of service. Please give us the ETS link so that I could do the same in Dec, when I plan to take this nasty exam.

Good post? Yes | No
    Whoops my bad, corrected the link.

Good post? Yes | No
    Thanks you guys for all the help..Wanna1600/Golddust- here's a debrief of what happened.

I ran out of time in my Quant test after which was the verbal.I was so bogged by the quant that I din want to proceed with the test.I went and told the Proctor that I want to cancel the test.He suggested that I sit through the verbal, see my score and that the scores will not be sent to the Universities.I did as he said-completed my test-I got at 620 in Quant and 680 in my verbal.

Now,is this counted as a canceled score?Can I use this score?Could you please tell me if i have to retake the test.
    Please Advice!

Good post? Yes | No
    This is most definitely not a cancelled score. Since you got to see your score, it means that your scores are valid. I am assuming that you did not choose any universities to send your scores to.

So, to answer your questions, this is not a cancelled score. If you are happy with your score, you do not need to retake the test and can use your present score.

Cancelling is defined as leaving the test incomplete, or choosing not to view your scores after finishing the last section.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information