Sponsored Ad:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Problem with GRE regsitration: 190$ charged thrice !!

  1. #1
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    10


    Good post? Yes | No

    Problem with GRE regsitration: 190$ charged thrice !!

    Sponsored Ad:
    hi..
    I was registering for GRE yesterday, online.
    Due to some error of the ets site, my registration did not get completed the first two time and I was linked back. So, I was made to enter the details of my credit card twice.
    Finally, I started filling the form all over again and filled the card details again.
    This time the validation was successful and I got the confirmation email and the other details.

    Notably, I got this confirmation email only once. But when I checked my card account, it shows 190$ being charged thrice. Twice for the failed attempts as well in which all i got was an error, no confirmation mails or any sort of registration done.

    I called Prometric India. They asked if I got the confirmation email once or more. They then assured that the extra money would be refunded within a week.
    I also mailed ETS. They are telling that they havent accepted the money but surprisingly my bank here, shows the transaction. ETS has asked me to send/fax the card statements.

    Kindly let me know if this has happened with anyone you know or if you can advise me in the matter. I trust ETS in that they wont do these sorts of things. But am really tense at the moment.

    Thanks a lot
    Kushagra

    @mods: apologies for posting it in a wrong topic, but I cant find any other better area. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    11


    Good post? Yes | No
    dude !! may b it was Sever side eRror !!! everything will be sorted out aFter checking your transaction statement !! what you filled in goverment id box " passport " or passport no ? and which credit card u used?? SBI CARd?

  3. #3
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    10


    Good post? Yes | No
    yeah.. it was a server fault..
    got those $380 after 3 days..

    seeing that transaction of $570 really had really blown me away initially..
    btw, i left the govt id blank and my bank was ICICI VISA.
    Thanks for the concern.

  4. #4
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    10


    Good post? Yes | No
    I have the same problems right now I did mine on saturday and here it is on Thursday and nothing!!! what should I do?

  5. #5
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    7


    Good post? Yes | No

    Exclamation 195 $ charged twice with no gre slot booked

    I was trying to book a gre slot on 13 june 2014 by using my STATE BANK OF INDIA debit card but the transaction failed and i recieved no confirmation email from ets. when i checked my bank balance $195 was debited twice from my bank account.

    Kindly help what should i do in this case?

    Will the amount be refunded automatically?

  6. #6
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    7


    Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus View Post
    I was trying to book a gre slot on 13 june 2014 by using my STATE BANK OF INDIA debit card but the transaction failed and i recieved no confirmation email from ets. when i checked my bank balance $195 was debited twice from my bank account.

    Kindly help what should i do in this case?

    Will the amount be refunded automatically?

    It has happened with me as well, although I was using HDFC bank credit card and $195 have been deducted only once on 15th June 2014. I mailed ETS(gre-info@ets.org) stating the details of the transaction and they replied asking the statement of credit card, and since hdfc has confirmed that the transaction happened, I have mailed them a pdf version of my credit card statement which has the transaction listed with date and description.
    I am waiting for ETS' reply on this, their mail said that it could take upto four business days.
    A word of advice: Next time try registering with an ICICI bank visa card (preferably credit), I came to know that these have the highest success rate for GRE registration.

  7. #7
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    7


    Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitkanchan View Post
    It has happened with me as well, although I was using HDFC bank credit card and $195 have been deducted only once on 15th June 2014. I mailed ETS(gre-info@ets.org) stating the details of the transaction and they replied asking the statement of credit card, and since hdfc has confirmed that the transaction happened, I have mailed them a pdf version of my credit card statement which has the transaction listed with date and description.
    I am waiting for ETS' reply on this, their mail said that it could take upto four business days.
    A word of advice: Next time try registering with an ICICI bank visa card (preferably credit), I came to know that these have the highest success rate for GRE registration.
    First of all thanks for your reply ankit.
    I had also mailed them the statements of my debit card as pdf attachments but to my shock i got a reply from them that to respect user privacy they do not accept credit card statements.
    so i have also called them as well they assisted me by saying that the money would be refunded automatically within seven days. i will wait for around seven days and see if the money is refunded back, else ill contact them again.
    please do update me if you get a different reply or your money is refunded back.
    you can call them at 0008001004072

  8. #8
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    7


    Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus View Post
    First of all thanks for your reply ankit.
    I had also mailed them the statements of my debit card as pdf attachments but to my shock i got a reply from them that to respect user privacy they do not accept credit card statements.
    so i have also called them as well they assisted me by saying that the money would be refunded automatically within seven days. i will wait for around seven days and see if the money is refunded back, else ill contact them again.
    please do update me if you get a different reply or your money is refunded back.
    you can call them at 0008001004072
    Hi Marcus,

    Here is the mail text , ETS(gre-info@ets.org) sent me with reference to the my initial enquiry about transaction, this email was sent to me on 16 Jun 2014

    "Dear Ankit Kanchan,

    Regarding your inquiry:

    Our records indicate that payment has not been received for the service you requested. If your records indicate otherwise, please follow the instructions below for the appropriate payment method.
    Payment by credit card or PayPal
    If payment was made using a credit card or PayPal, please provide the following information in your reply email:

    • Your name
    • Reason for inquiry: (duplicate charge, failed registration, etc.)
    • Credit card or PayPal account holder’s name:
    • Transaction date(s):
    • Amount(s):
    • Payment type: (Visa®, Mastercard®, American Express®, JCB® or PayPal)
    • Sequence number/last four or email address (PayPal only):
    • Any additional information or proof of payment that you can provide (optional)

    Your information will be reviewed upon receipt of your reply. Please allow up to four business days for a response.
    ".

    They do take credit card details(either statement or list of transactions issued by your bank) as a proof , I had called Gre Support India(0008001004072) on 18th June 2014 and explained the case to them and also mentioned that I have sent my CC transaction details list to them(I responded to this mail on 17th Jun 2014), to which they replied that it's ok and gave me a timeline of Friday 20th June EOD.

    The reason they won't accept statements as a proof could be that, pdf version of statements are often password protected and it is wrong for them to know your personal bank statement password, imho. Also, I suppose you are carrying out all your email communication with gre-info@ets.org too.

    I will surely update when I receive a satisfactory response from them.

  9. #9
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    7


    Good post? Yes | No
    Hi marcus,

    I got my money back on 21st Jun 2014.

  10. #10
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    7


    Good post? Yes | No
    Hi ankit,
    i have not received back my money till now. I have emailed again the payment details to them on 19 june 2014 but i have not received any response till now.
    They have told me to wait.
    please tell me is it ok to email them the scanned copy of bank passbook and a scanned copy of debit card ministatement which i have emailed them earlier also but they have responded back by saying to maintain user privacy we do not accept credit card statements. when i again contacted them back on 19 june they said to me its ok to give just the following details about payment-
    • Your name
    • Reason for inquiry: (duplicate charge, failed registration, etc.)
    • Credit card or PayPal account holder’s name:
    • Transaction date(s):
    • Amount(s):
    • Payment type: (Visa®, Mastercard®, American Express®, JCB® or PayPal)
    • Sequence number/last four or email address (PayPal only):
    • Any additional information or proof of payment that you can provide (optional)

    This time i have not attached any scanned copy and have only emailed the details to them.
    Kindly help me what should i do?
    what did u attach as scanned copy of payments?
    and did u get any feedback email when your money was refunded back from ETS kindly help!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hours charged for a job
    By torpedo in forum GMAT Data Sufficiency
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 06:50 AM
  2. 190
    By crazy800 in forum GMAT Sentence Correction
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 09:42 AM
  3. 190-250 on May 14
    By abby123 in forum Just finished my TOEFL
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 01:33 AM
  4. I got 190-250
    By ameedoshi in forum Just finished my TOEFL
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 09:02 PM
  5. Need 190 POWERPREP
    By Mela in forum TOEFL
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2005, 01:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •