Urch Forums

Disappointing GRE score

meghagohel01

hello guys,

I took my gre yesterday and landed up with a really disappointing score of 306 ( Quants- 160, Verbal- 146).

After about two months of practice, I was constantly scoring around 168 in quants and 155 in verbal in the manhattan and princeton mock tests. Thus, the actual scores are way too disappointing. I plan to retake the test in a months time. I know the areas where I have messed up in my quants section, however, i need reliable sources for improving my verbal. Any suggestions for a better verbal score? Also I would like to know which are the best mock tests available?

Edited by meghagohel01

• 2 weeks later...
hello guys,

I took my gre yesterday and landed up with a really disappointing score of 306 ( Quants- 160, Verbal- 146).

After about two months of practice, I was constantly scoring around 168 in quants and 155 in verbal in the manhattan and princeton mock tests. Thus, the actual scores are way too disappointing. I plan to retake the test in a months time. I know the areas where I have messed up in my quants section, however, i need reliable sources for improving my verbal. Any suggestions for a better verbal score? Also I would like to know which are the best mock tests available?

Sorry about that though.

Its good you are retaking the test, most people find it hard.

I got 306 in 2012, and left it, got deluged in work. I'm planning to retake soon though.

This time its a 330+ or die. Even if it costs me my left eye.

If you watched the Magoosh GRE intro videos, you'll learn that GRE tests your ability to take the GRE not your intelligence, it tests your academic skills overtime as well, like what you've learnt for the past 15 years, comprehension, communication, and basic math logic.

I wish you luck though, and myself too.

Edited by chukxx