Urch Forums

October SAT Reasoning Test: 2060

Codename Gordon

Wow, I'm the first one ever to write in this section!

I just received my October SAT Reasoning Test scores:

Critical Reading: 680

Math: 700

Writing: 680

Multiple Choice: 68

Essay: 9

Combined Score: 1380

Total Score: 2060

I know a lot of you have higher results than this, but for me this is a complete success.

I wish you all even better results than mine!

Success attend you! :tup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Great job. Those are excellent scores, for anybody. Did you find it hard?

It was hard and it lasted much longer than I expected (it took us an hour and a half to get in the test room, register, and listen to the instructions we were all aware of), but after Section 2 I did not feel stressed anymore. I had done a lot of full practice tests (they really are the key to success on the SAT) and had taken a two-week SAT intensive summer course. My arguments on the essay were quite personal. Luckily, the result shows they were also relevant.

To everyone taking the SAT in the future: don't be afraid of the test. Yes, it's hard and long, but with enough practice and calmness you'll do fine. :)

To Erin: I really like TestMagic. Not only it helped me with my exams but I also met a few very nice and ambitious people here. I intend to participate in the forums much more actively right after my application process is over in a month or so. Thanks for creating and maintaining such a cool place!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

iahme, the most efficient way to raise your score (at least this was was the case with me) is to do all the practice tests you can find, but after you have acquainted yourself with enough words from the 3500-word SAT vocabulary. Make yourself a schedule for learning depending on the time left to the exam date. Reading boks and all sorts of other texts also helps, of course, but the process is much slower.

Good luck on the exams!

Erin, can you do something to motivate people to submit their scores?

Erin, can you do something to motivate people to submit their scores?
Yes, I'm working on that. I'm hoping to build an app that people can use to keep track of this kind of stuff.

Thanks for checking back! How's school going?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey How Did you do the passage based reading question>>> need help as they are the ones that fill most of the question of critical reading.

I need help i don't know what to do as i cannot complete all the question in time>>>

For me a 11 question passage takes almost 17 minutes to complete so need help immediately.

Are there any tactics for reading the passage>>

Thank you

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a good question. Basically you need to figure out your 'goal score', and work towards that. I have a lot of experience teaching SAT prep; maybe if you have an idea of the kinds of schools you're interested in, I could give you some advice. I can say that a lot of my students are hoping for about 1800 or so. A lot of others are hoping for as high as possible, preferably over 2300. Some are even hoping to get 2400.

Also, a lot of people adjust their goals depending on their success. For example, if you study a lot and your SAT score doesn't go up that much, you may lower your expectations. Or if you study and your SAT score goes up, you may try for a higher SAT score.

A lot of this is common sense, believe it or not. If you're smart enough to be thinking about this stuff now and to be asking about it now, you're smart enough to do well in your college applications. :)

Hiiiiiiiiii!!! I got my SAT scores: Critical Reading 410, Math 580, Writing 510. Multiples 50 and theme 8)) Sum 1520)) Probably, I am satisfied! How is it?
Well, it's average. ;)

I'll probably split this thread off later since it seems to be taking its own course.