Urch Forums

December SAT Subject Test scores!!!

sdcr

Hi all,

I got my December Subject test results:

Math level 2 : 800 :D:D

Physics: 790

Hmm, I should have answer only one more single question right on the physics test! I would have hit the big jackpot.

Nevertheless, I am very happy that I got such a good score!

I have a question regarding my percentiles:

They are 90 % on each test. Does that mean that 10% of the test takers have scored 800 on math and 790 or better on physics??!!

If that is true, there would be a lot of good folks taking this test.

Good luck to you all!!

• 2 months later...

Hi Erin!

I am applying for transfer admission at Stanford and MIT.

I am currently in my first year of business studies in Germany.

However, during my studies I made up my mind and found out that business does not help me on academically nor personally.

I decided to study what I have always been passionate about at the best universities for it: engineering and sciences at Stanford and MIT.

greetings, sdcr

• 3 months later...

Hi!

The books I used were "Cracking the SAT Physics Subject Test" by Princeton Review and Kaplan's "SAT Subject Test Mathmatics Level 2".

In my opinion these two books are quite good in explaining. However, the physics book overprepares you vastly, because it often goes into too much detail. You can learn a lot from it, but I would not recommend it if you are under time pressure.

I also recommend to look at the sample questions at collegeboard.com. They give you a good impression of the questions' level of difficulty on the real test. Or get CollegeBoard's official study guides on subject tests. They also represent the real difficulty.

By the way:

I was neither admitted to MIT nor to Stanford. The competition there is unbelievably stiff.

I will probably stay in Germany for now and make my bachelor in ee or cs at TUM in Munich. Will try it again for the master or phd.

• 4 weeks later...
man...real awesum scores...even i am really scored now about the admissions at these institues.i got similar scores on the sat physics and chemistry tests and am applying as a freshman to such schools...what are my chances??i need financial aid...btw...congratulations:)!!!!

• 1 year later...