Urch Forums

What is the lowest score they can give in TOEFL

bella07

I'm a little confused by your question... not sure why you want to know the LOWEST score possible!

However, since each speaking task is scored from 1 to 4 (it is possible to get a '0' on one if you say absolutely nothing or speak in another language besides English, but I'm assuming you wouldn't do that). Therefore, I guess the lowest possible RAW score would be six points (1 per question), and that would yield a SCALED score of 8/30 on the speaking.

For writing, they use a 5-point scale. If you got a 1 out of 5 on each of the two essays (independent and integrated), you would have 2 points of RAW score, which would convert into a SCALED score of 8/30.

Best of luck to you!

Hi,

Just got my TOEFL scores yesterday. I got reading 24 listening 27 speaking 27 writing 27, a total of 105. For me, it's easy to get a score of 80. All you have to do is be confident and think that you know how to speak, write and understand English well. Also, try to answer Barron's practice test. It would help a lot.

Hi,

Just got my TOEFL scores yesterday. I got reading 24 listening 27 speaking 27 writing 27, a total of 105. For me, it's easy to get a score of 80. All you have to do is be confident and think that you know how to speak, write and understand English well. Also, try to answer Barron's practice test. It would help a lot.

When did u get the exam???

• 7 years later...
I just want to know if it is hard to get the 80 score in TOEFL? I hope somebody can give me an answer.

Thanks

If you don't do anything on the test you can get a zero.

The lowest score I have seen is a 2.

Generally if you randomly guess on the reading and listening, say something in English for the speaking sections and write something in English for the writing sections you should be able to get at least 10-20 even with really poor English.

• 6 months later...