Urch Forums

280 on 28 july

bikram

hi bikram, thats great congrats ya, so now one tension would be off your head i am sure. i plan to take mine next wed. so am in tension now especially for the writing, and also the reading. whenever i do the reading comps i always get 5-6 wrong ya. please could u tell me which topic did u get for the writing. thanks.

hi andrea

thanks.i think essay writing is the easiest of parts,u shouldnt be anxious about it.my topic was concerning imp of plants in your country.reading part requires practice but its not that tough,u shouldnet hurry through it but keep an eye on watch

BEST OF LUCK

Thanks a lot, ya bikram if u dont mind my asking did you take the prowerprep and if you did how did you score on them,coz i took the powerprep but did not score well i only got a range of 213-270. but when i did the tests from the ETS practice tests (volume 2) i get pretty high scores last time I got a range of 620-653 so i am very confused and extreamly nervous. please could you help, thanks in advance.

hi

i used only barrons toefl book and used to get a score of 270 but on actual test mine was 280.barrons diff. level is similar to toefl but ets tests on their site ar a little easier.u shouldnt be anxious about these scores ,yours ar pretty good.mind u the greatest challege in toefl is to control ANXIETY.so relax and give ur best shot.

GOOD LUCK

Hi Friends,

am thru with GRE and now entering into the TOEFL zone. have a lil doubt ..what is the min. accpted socres in the TOEFL.. i took a CBT test and it shows my score ranging from 213-277. Listining-> 27, St/ wr- 12 - 28, reading -> 28

is this ok. Somwhere i heard that Toefl scores upwards of 280 are only considered accpetable by the univs.

are my socres ok or i need to work on the them.

please guide me as my test date is 13th Aug.

all your adivce and suggestions are most welcome and thanks in advance !!!!

Neeraj

Thanks a ton Bikram for the clearing my doubt...as i dont have much time left for the D -day. just relying on "TM the GOD" fo more more fundaes...

by the way in which field you planning to apply ?? am planning to apply in Environmental Policy and management?? can you suggest me some colleges in Canada. My GRE Scores are 1480(680V 800Q)..

thanks once again !!!!

Neeraj.

hi

well u can try by surfing various programs of canadian universities at www.aucc.ca(association of univ. and colleges of canada).GRE scores are not that imp. in canada but definitely handy.i cant suggest a specific univ as i got no idea about ur field of study as i am in medicine.