Urch Forums

To people who had high score in the toefl test

Although I didn't get a high score....., in my case, I got better score in sample test(powerprep), about 230-283, but I only got 203-260 in the real test. The listening part is a little bit different from the TOEFL pp. You may encounter more complex type of question than in TOEFL pp, so, be careful.

About the TWE, you should really spend time on it. I probably cannot reach 250 finally because of my poor essay.

Good luck!

Hi

My score in TOEFL is less. But I want to post what I know.

The scores on the actual test depends on the person. Some people do well when they are in stress. Some can't do well when they are stressed. I believe I do well when I am under stress. I got 200~257 when I did at home in powerprep. In the real test I got 210~267.

There are some site addresses given in the listening section of this site. Use them and practise well.

I wrote nearly 10 Essays( I don't know the exact number of essays I actually practised). But I read others essays on all the topics. I asked for ideas for those I feel tough.

Its better to be familiar with all the topics.

Madhavi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My score is also not too high. But I think it wiil help you. During the prep at home I usually got 220-280, but in real test I have got just 203-260. Listening section in real test is diifirent. Firstly, they speak as quickly as in TVs and movies, secondly quility of audio is not very good. It have some background noises. So be very carefull from the first question. Be prefered to see more difficult questions than PP.

snow1995

Hi!!

In my case, when I gave the TOEFL test at home i just got 197-230 and I was really scared.But in the real test a person wont be thinking of anything other than the test itself .SO, I feel he will do much better in the real test.As for my real test scores they were between 237-290 and I got a final score of 283.This has convinced me that the powerprep scores are in no way a standard to measure what your real scores are going to be.

Good Luck to all

Regards

Amitha

Hai

I started taking practice tests one week before the test. As my computer had some problem, I had to go out for practicing with computer. In the final days of my preparation, I worked continuously 5 to 6 hours daily. Because of working continuously with computer, i had some eye problem and I could not concentrate well in the reading section of the real test.

So be careful to take 5 minutes break after every 2 or 3 hours of your preparation.

Madhavi

• 1 month later...
Hi Thanh0than I know exactly what you feel. I felt the same way. the best thing is to know what is your score probably can be. Study hard improoving your problem Toefl parts and than take one or 2 LIKE_REAL_ TOEFL tests- the real score u'll get cant be worser than this one. And plus you'll feel what is that like to have a real Toefl test. Before the test day get a good sleep, take all your optimism and faith of your friends, focus on what u need to do and dont be scared. IT"S only computer and u on the real test!:) GOOD LUCK!