Sponsored Ad:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To people who had high score in the toefl test

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    Sponsored Ad:
    Hi,
    I have heard that we often have lower score at home than in the real test? Do you think so?
    How many essays had you written before you took the test? I find the Listening Comprehension and TWE the most difficult parts in the test. Do you have some advice?
    Thanks.

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Although I didn't get a high score....., in my case, I got better score in sample test(powerprep), about 230-283, but I only got 203-260 in the real test. The listening part is a little bit different from the TOEFL pp. You may encounter more complex type of question than in TOEFL pp, so, be careful.

About the TWE, you should really spend time on it. I probably cannot reach 250 finally because of my poor essay.

Good luck!

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi
    My score in TOEFL is less. But I want to post what I know.
    The scores on the actual test depends on the person. Some people do well when they are in stress. Some can't do well when they are stressed. I believe I do well when I am under stress. I got 200~257 when I did at home in powerprep. In the real test I got 210~267.
    There are some site addresses given in the listening section of this site. Use them and practise well.
    I wrote nearly 10 Essays( I don't know the exact number of essays I actually practised). But I read others essays on all the topics. I asked for ideas for those I feel tough.
    Its better to be familiar with all the topics.
    Madhavi

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    madhavi, thanks for your reply.
    I have a question.
    http://www.TestMagic.com/test/ViewTopicsOfEssays6.asp
    I can find only essays for topic 13 to topic 116 here, on this website. Where can I find essays for other topics?

Good post? Yes | No
    Dear friends,

I wrote about 3 essays before my test. I only completed about 3 practice tests one day before my real test. I achieved an average of 80% on all those exams. My real test score is 260 with 5.0 in essay section.

Thanks and Bye!

Lost Soldier.

Good post? Yes | No
    My score is also not too high. But I think it wiil help you. During the prep at home I usually got 220-280, but in real test I have got just 203-260. Listening section in real test is diifirent. Firstly, they speak as quickly as in TVs and movies, secondly quility of audio is not very good. It have some background noises. So be very carefull from the first question. Be prefered to see more difficult questions than PP.
    snow1995

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No

Hi!
    There is the list of essay topics in Toefl essay section.
    check it out!!

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi!!
    In my case, when I gave the TOEFL test at home i just got 197-230 and I was really scared.But in the real test a person wont be thinking of anything other than the test itself .SO, I feel he will do much better in the real test.As for my real test scores they were between 237-290 and I got a final score of 283.This has convinced me that the powerprep scores are in no way a standard to measure what your real scores are going to be.

Good Luck to all

Regards
    Amitha

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Hai
    I started taking practice tests one week before the test. As my computer had some problem, I had to go out for practicing with computer. In the final days of my preparation, I worked continuously 5 to 6 hours daily. Because of working continuously with computer, i had some eye problem and I could not concentrate well in the reading section of the real test.
    So be careful to take 5 minutes break after every 2 or 3 hours of your preparation.

Madhavi

Good post? Yes | No
    Helpp me . on 19/10 i'll take TOEFL exam but i cant keep calm . im nervous
    Plz give me yr advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information