Urch Forums

Do you still plan to apply to study at your dream University in USA despite economy?

ninalabelle007

Do you still plan to apply to study at your dream University in USA despite economy?:hmm:

My dream destination is Boston. I have been wanting to go there since 2002. But really took action last September. I really want to move there:p. There's just something about that area that calls me:tup:. I'm not sure why but I know I will be very happy over there. Anyone re-thinking their Study plans and not heading to USA due to the economic crisis???

Please share opinion

• 4 weeks later...

hi ninalabelle007

i read your post and i think that you are mentioning an important issue in here.

yes, there might be some people who are re-thinking of choosing USA as their destination for pursuing higher education.

i believe that the USA puts much emphasis on the education and encourages it extremely. a nation like the USA saves no efforts in supporting the students and offers them precious opportunities to help them pursuing their aims.

USA is one of the countries that offers a lot of scholarships that can help the students continuing their study and offers other facilities that can also help the students in their studies.

however, considering the surrounding circumstances that faces the USA, especially the recession and the bankruptcy of some banks in the USA, i started to doubt that the US would be able to afford the high budget allocated for pursuing education, and this will surely affect the opportunities for international students.

and now after i took my GRE exam, there is no way for retreating from my decision regarding studying in US, i've suffered a lot trying to get a good score in that aweful exam.:mad: so, i'm not willing to change my mind and if USA will let us down and fail to afford our studying, i'm willing to travel and pursue my studying in Canada. How about that???:idea:i think it's a good idea.

i hope that the Canadian Economy wouldn't let us down too.:doh:

this is my opinion to this topic.

hope that the american economy will recover soon :luck2:, otherwise we will face a big trouble.:(

thanks for giving us the opportunity to participate and give our opinions in such a serious issue.

thanks and see you soon ninalabelle007 :)

Just my two cents, even though I am not applying for USA right now.

It is true that the huge government deficit will probably lead to a reduction of fundings, which MAY lead to decreased quality of education...(that's not sure. Politicians are becoming increasingly aware that other countries are pursuing them ferociously, and so will try their best to keep the competitive advantage of superior education).

But even if that were to happen, the results would not be immediate, and would not be felt everywhere. I fear that potential negative impacts would go where the situation is already the worst, that is, on grade and high schools.

The major universities, the dream universities that attract students from all over the world, have huge endowments, which would absorb the shock of a temporary reduced funding. So, at least for the next 3-4 years I don't see any negative changes in superior education.

Just my opinion, anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Being in one of the top 4 IT MNC's in India and planning to apply for 2010 US B schools, this meltdown has made me think a lot because all of our US clients are severely cutting down the costs.....and I am not sure of the future..in 2009 itself...

major lay offs... Corporations not going good..let 's be positive and optimistic :tup:..the least we can do on this global scenario