Urch Forums

Most efficient ways of studying alone!

wanderlust

Hello there!

As you all know, there is tonnes to read all by yourself. It certainly leads to fluctuations in motivations. Yet you need to carry on and push yourself. Certainly, when the textbooks are not kind to you :)

My question is -Leave aside motivations and all those fancy words,

How do you study productively especially when you are all alone with very interesting distractions like testmagic, blogging etc ? :whistle:

• 1 year later...
The best way to study alone is to sit at your desk and turn off the internet. It also helps to take occasional breaks when you get restless. The hardest part for me is to get in the mood for studying, but once I'm in the zone, studying is not that bad.

• 1 year later...
The most effective way of studying alone is at night as there is a pin drop silence and everybody is at sleep you hardly get distracted by anything. Whenever my exams were near I use to start from 10 pm and study till 3 or 4 am in the morning as I found it very convenient and easy to concentrate with no disturbance of any source

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Sometimes study partners are not as knowledgeable as you are. Sometimes they want to spend hours studying a topic that you already know like the back of your hand. When you study on your own, you’re able to completely focus on the material you choose, and spend less time on material you’ve already mastered. That means you can spend your already limited time more wisely.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...