Urch Forums

Last Minute Study Tips

oortiz

Well lot of students wait till the last minute to prepare for exams.This never works in your favor and you will end up getting nervous and fatigued. Last minute you must just go through what you have studied over a period of time. It is time for light reading and revising. One day before the exam, ideally, Do not touch your books and sleep well. Your brain needs rest to think, analyse and write in the exam. So please study well in advance and avoid any last minute hotch-potch.

• 5 months later...
Just to add onto what oortiz said, if you do end up studying at the last minute, do not bother trying to do all the readings. If you are in a time-crunch, it is more useful to go over all the slides and to review your class-notes first.

• 1 year later...
First try to remember how many chapters are there and learn the Topics in a chapter, Secondly Try to understand what the topic is about, Try to grasp the points in the Sub-topic like e.g. Advantages of Globalization , so you Remember the points like (1)Global Connectivity (2)New Market (3)Employment Opportunities etc. You don’t need to remember the content just remember the points and rest you can fill the content by yourself.

• 4 months later...
One day before the exam, ideally, Do not touch your books and sleep well.

I have to say that I never ever do this, and typically do well at exams. Of course it's a no-brainer to start in advance, but I always go through everything again from start to end at the last day, heck even in the train to the exam I do a last minute repetition, sifting through all the data in my mind ;)

I have to say that I never ever do this, and typically do well at exams. Of course it's a no-brainer to start in advance, but I always go through everything again from start to end at the last day, heck even in the train to the exam I do a last minute repetition, sifting through all the data in my mind ;)
You know, I tend to agree with you. People like to say don't study on the way to the test, but I actually think a bit of a light warm-up can help a lot.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
The sleep advice is such a good advice. I wish I realized this a long time ago and not made rookie mistakes of studying all night before the exam. That's terrible. Also, make sure to stay hydrated. It helps your brain function so much better.

• 2 years later...
I have to recognize that I never prepare in advance. I know, it's really bad, but does anyone of you know how to deal with procrastination?
That's a lifelong battle.

I have a lot of tips that work for me. Some easy ones--don't think of doing the entire thing all at once, just the first step. For example, don't think I have to write a whole paper; instead, think I'm going to write my introduction. (Or even just the first sentence of the introduction.)

You could also try visualizing how good you will feel when you're finished. Or think about the good part about the work you need to do.

Stuff like that.