Sponsored Ad:

Thread: What kind of music do you listen to?

Blog Entries

Good post? Yes | No
    Sponsored Ad:
    This site lists the best of what I listened to ten years ago, and what I still have in my CD stacker today:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com
    ☼ Waiting for Godot

An Urch Guru Pundit Swami Sage

Good post? Yes | No

Among others, I admire the music of A. R. Rahman, who has brought about a wave of revolution in our national music field, relatively recently.

some unofficial sites about his work...

http://www.rahmanonline.com
    http://www.arrahman.net

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    So, I've listened to techno music for 3/4 yers. I used to produce some music, even I have a good track. I made it for 1 month, after coming of new ideas and sounds to my head. I upped most of the successful tracks on http://mp3.com/erdtek, but I think that few people in this forum would like my music, just because it is techno. I find this kind of music travelling and it makes me very happy and burst into energy movements.

When I'm tired I prefer something relaxing like classical music or some "commercial" music, but I like very few hits.

The other favorite is latin in its subgenres like merengue, salsa, mambo ... Also I like jazzy tracks, rarely metal and rap

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    Heeh, ready for laugh ?????

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail45.html

Blog Entries

Good post? Yes | No
    erdtek,

I listen to your tracks. There were three, right? Not bad! And I liked the flash thing, too. It was funny.

Actually, I listen to a lot of things right now. My favorite genre right now is trance, a sub-genre of techno. My favorite "sounds" are DJ Tiesto, Paul Oakenfold, Thunderpuss, and there's this one song by Barry Harris and Chris Cox that is simply awesome.

I like a lot of 80's stuff; I was in college then, and I honestly believe a lot of great music was being produced then. See my original post for the best of that period.

As for metal, I like only the more popular stuff, like Van Halen and Guns 'n Roses. I'm not into the harder stuff. BTW, my cousin, Chuck Billy, is a rock star--he's in the metal band Testament (oddly similar to TestMagic, huh???). I'm not kidding. We're both Pomo Indians. Yes, Erin is Indian. Okay, not Asian Indian, but US Indian. And not full-blooded, but one quarter; my grandfather was a full-blooded Pomo Indian.

I also LOVE Brasilian music, especially Chico Buarque. His album "Meus Caros Amigos" is one of my top 10 favorite albums of all time.

And I like some jazz, classical, country, and old school rap. Miles Davis and John Coltrane; Beethoven and "Scheherazade," Johnny Cash and Patsy Kline; and Grandmaster Flash and Public Enemy, respectively, are the ones that come to mind.
    ☼ Waiting for Godot

An Urch Guru Pundit Swami Sage

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi All,

Like erdtek, I too compose some music on my PC. taking the cue from his post, I also have now uploaded some of them to mp3.com. With the slow dial-up access we have here, it's really a tough job to upload 128kbps files, and I have so far been able to upload only 2 of my tracks, at ...

<h3>http://www.mp3.com/raghuveer</h3>

I will try and upload the rest of my tracks in the mean time,

your feedback is appreciated,
    (but listen at your own risk)

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi!

I voluntarily don't listen to any music. I know I am very rare bird... And I guess I wanted you to know that such people exist.

I have 2 or 3 Cd's (gifts) but they lay somewhere deep in a drawer. On my computer's hdd there is not even a single file of music. But it doesn't mean that I hate music. I simply don't listen to it. For me it's too difficult to turn on the radio or insert a cd into a computer... But I have some songs I like. Usually I hear them in shops or with commercials

Anyway, if I am forced to listen I choose Jazz. And I hate popmusic because after 5 min that constant bum... bum... gets on my nerves. And that's it what I can tell you about music and myself.

And one story... About one year ago I knew about toefl only that such thing exists and one day I will have to take it. So I went to a library and took powerprep sample test. And the essay topic was: people listen to music for different reasons... And that's the only thing I remember about that test, because that topic scared me so much! I had not even a single idea! I remeber I wrote something about Africa...

Happy listening! Renata

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    In every of us a genius sleeps, but not in everybody it wakes up.
    Mine is called Rip Van Winkle

Life Activist! vertical_horizon's Avatar

Good post? Yes | No
    I am lucky to be able to love almost all kinds of music, from Vietnamese music to all other countries'. If I can then I will honor Trinh Cong Son as Vietnam's Artist of the Century. This great writer's songs always hide something inside their distinguishably mysterical lyrics, which are some times extremely romantic, others ultra-evil. He mainly wrote about the meaning of life, under many perspectives. I think he is one of the most typical art-for-the-art artist.

Of all the world's music streams, I love R & B the most. The only kind of music I don't, or at least don't want to, listen to is teenpop .

phuong

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    As far as India is concern, AR Rehman is the modern sensation , he is simply the best, R.D burman , kishore kumar ===> ever green

Thread Information