Urch Forums

anyone else using this website/service? (for LSAT tutors)

Smogmoon

Hi. I recently registered with findmylawtutor.com to find a tutor. Still checking out the tutors and tutoring companies that I found but I am wondering if anyone else has used them and what your experience was like. Been asking around other forums but have not gotten any feedback as of yet. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Test masters may be great, I don't know, but if your post were an LSAT argument, the flaw would be the unwarranted assumption that just because someone does well on the test themselves, it means they are able to teach others to do well. Give me a spectacular teacher who scored a 165 over a horrible teacher who scored a 175 any day.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

From what I've heard from others. Disclaimer: My brother, a law student at UVa, teaches for TestMasters. And scored very high on the LSAT. TestMasters is an awesome program. A lot of bang for your buck, especially if you take advantage of the free services they offer (telephone support, for example). The program is comprehensive. However, if you take the class in a large city at a busy time of year, you very well may take the class with not just a dozen other students, but a hundred. Or more. Obviously, the smaller the class, the better.

I've also heard good things about a couple of other LSAT-prep courses, including Blueprint and Fox (local to San Francisco, I believe). I'm not 100% sure of the names, but I think in a couple of cases, the head instructors of these courses taught for TestMasters before going off to start their own programs.

Erin