Urch Forums

Will having a graduate degree help?

SingingPharmD

Will having a graduate degree (PharmD) help in the admissions process? Do you think that the gmat score will not be weighed as heavily? After all, the GMATs are suppose to measure the likelihood of academic success in business school. So if someone has already gone through a graduate program, do you think that it would be ok if the gmat's are not in the 700's to get into a top 10 business school?

I was at an admissions forum yesterday with reps from Wharton, Stanford, Kellogg , HBS and MIT sloan. The feeling I got was they look at the whole package. The GMAT is a factor that can "not" get you in if its low(this being relative). On the other hand, Not the only factor that gets you in.I know a guy with a perfect score who got interviews from Columbia and Chicago but did not get in!

If you could build a case for how your Grad program was challenging and how you grew as a person during your Grad program, then the Grad program is def a plus. At the end of the day, it seems to me like they want to see how you perceived it ...rather than what it actually is.

M