Urch Forums

Ask AdmissionsConsultants - Medical School Admissions Questions

Hi Everyone!

On behalf of AdmissionsConsultants, I will be available to answer questions and offer insight into the medical school admissions process.

Best of luck with your medical school applications!

Wayne Shelton

Senior Consultant

AdmissionsConsultants is a comprehensive admissions consultancy that has been helping its clients gain admission into their top-choice schools for over 10 years. All of our consultants have reviewed applications, conducted admissions interviews, and made accept/reject/waitlist decisions for the top U.S. med schools. We have a thorough understanding of the admissions process and know exactly what you need to do to maximize your chances. We work one on one with our clients to provide them with the highest possible level of service. In addition to essay editing services, we also consult our clients on admissions assessments, school selection, admissions strategies, essay topic selection, interview preparation, letters of reference, pre admissions action plans, and more.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

The 2009 medical school admissions season for the allopathic schools is about to begin. According to the AMCAS website, 2010 applications will be available early May. If you have not already begun working on your applications, now is the time to jump start the process. You'll help maximize your admissions chances by doing so.

Remember - it is always advantageous to apply early, whether your application is outstanding or whether it might have a few shortcomings. That's because the best applicants are interviewed first and can get an offer in hand early in the process.

It's especially important for applicants with less-than-perfect profiles to apply early in the admissions cycle. Once enough offers of admission have been given out to fill the class, it becomes even tougher for applicants with some weaknesses to get an interview.

If you do have any preliminary questions, please do let us know.

Wayne Shelton

Senior Consultant

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

As we reported on March 19, third and fourth year medical school students participate in the National Resident Matching Program in hopes of acquiring their desired first-year residency assignment. This year, the number participants reached an unprecedented high, with a total of 29,890 students applying for residency positions. The group of applicants ranged to include graduates of international medical schools and students and graduates from osteopathic schools.

The number of applicants far out numbered the 22,427 residency positions available. However, 187 new first-year residency positions were thrown into the choices of possibility.

The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) reported that of the 15,638 U.S. medical students that participated, 93% were matched. For the other group of applicants, 47% were matched to a residency program.

Dermatology, neurological surgery, orthopedic surgery and otolaryngology were a few key medical specialties that appeared to have gained popularity with students this year and therefore received high numbers of residency positions filled. This was the first year that neurological surgery positions were made accessible via the Match system.

For those of you still trying to decide on what concentration you would like study while in medical school, the MATCH data can prove to be quite helpful in determining what concentrations will provide the most opportunity but also the greatest competition. As you narrow your list of school choices, examining various career interests is a key component to beginning the overall admission strategy.

Wayne Shelton

• 1 month later...

Good Evening!

Today officially begins the 2009-2010 medical school admissions season for the MD programs participating within the AMCAS system. The AAMC office confirmed that the 2010 AMCAS application is now accessible to applicants. Given that medical school admission is a rolling process, it is in your best advantage to begin the process as soon as possible.

Even though, "Submission of the 2010 AMCAS application will not begin until on or about June 2, 2009," it is important to jump start the process proactively and with early enthusiasm.

Best of luck with your applications!

Wayne Shelton

Senior Consultant

• 2 years later...

hi

this is my first post here ,so i don not know if i am writing in the right place .sorry :)

i am samah hamdan from jordan , i have just gradeuated from jordan university of science and technology 2011 - pharmacy .BS

with a GPA 71.2%

i want to ask you if i have an Opportunity to have master degree in ( medicinal chimestry or kinatic chimestry) acoording my GPA .

can i have a paid scholarship to to join any university in USA , britain or in other , that have these specializations?

i don not have like this opportunity in jordan due to my score .

really , i want to complete higher study , i will be thankful for every one can help me

i am waiting for any respond

thanks