Urch Forums

I'm an Egyptian pharmacist who wants to apply for a medical school in the USA

ahmedsis1

• 4 months later...

Hey

I'm also a pharmacist and was thinking of applying to med. school, but medicine in here is very lengthy and hard, it take like 10 years to get the degree and rotations, fellowships (specialization) etc...

Regarding your pharmacy degree i think it will be considered as premed as long as it has all the pre-request of med school ( i remember it was like 2 courses of biology, chemistry and physcis and math i think) which mostly you took during pharmacy. You will have to pass the mcat (entry exam for medicine), and most good universities require a high score.

good luck

• 1 year later...

Guys, as i know you have to study SCIENCE a lot!!! Chemistry and Organic Chemistry, College Physics, Calculus, Biology ( higher classes are better!).

And when i spoke with a med.school student, she said better if you have ALL As or just a few Bs.... :o

So, you can see... and all science courses should be max 5 years old. :( Plus don't forget that every 25-27 students apply for med.school and only 1 can be accepted...

and your program don't include all these subjects...

Just take more science courses and good luck !!!!

• 6 years later...