Sponsored Ad:

Thread: I'm an Egyptian pharmacist who wants to apply for a medical school in the USA

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

I'm an Egyptian pharmacist who wants to apply for a medical school in the USA

Sponsored Ad:
    I'm an Egyptian pharmacist who wants to study medicine in the US ..I want to know do I have to study pre-med first or my pharmacy degree will save me from that? and how much money should I have for that?

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Hey
    I'm also a pharmacist and was thinking of applying to med. school, but medicine in here is very lengthy and hard, it take like 10 years to get the degree and rotations, fellowships (specialization) etc...
    Regarding your pharmacy degree i think it will be considered as premed as long as it has all the pre-request of med school ( i remember it was like 2 courses of biology, chemistry and physcis and math i think) which mostly you took during pharmacy. You will have to pass the mcat (entry exam for medicine), and most good universities require a high score.
    good luck

Good post? Yes | No
    Guys, as i know you have to study SCIENCE a lot!!! Chemistry and Organic Chemistry, College Physics, Calculus, Biology ( higher classes are better!).
    And when i spoke with a med.school student, she said better if you have ALL As or just a few Bs.... :o
    So, you can see... and all science courses should be max 5 years old. Plus don't forget that every 25-27 students apply for med.school and only 1 can be accepted...
    and your program don't include all these subjects...
    Just take more science courses and good luck !!!!

Good post? Yes | No

Re: I'm an Egyptian pharmacist who wants to apply for a medical school in the USA

Money is depending Upon which College or University u selected in USA.

Thread Information