Sponsored Ad:

Thread: Want to get a nursing degree?

Incorrigible

Good post? Yes | No

Thumbs up Want to get a nursing degree?

Sponsored Ad:
    I am 22 years old, and am a newlywed, as like most newlyweds, we are trying to get our feet on the ground financially. I have always wanted to be a nurse, but never went for it (when the time was right) and now I work an 8-5 job M-F. The problem is, I want to take some courses online, are there any courses online that could LEAD me in the right direction to become a nurse in the near future? I want to earn either my Associates or my Bachelors degree in something, I just don't know what. I would go to a regular college and just get my nursing degree, but for financial reasons, I cannot quit my job and go to school at the same time. Any suggestions as to what kind of degree I could get online that would be helpful/useful in the long run for an RN? Thanks any advice would be appreciated!

Incorrigible

Good post? Yes | No

Thumbs up

you are not alone many of the nurses went through the same way but my case , i worked as a nursing assistant made enough money then went for LPN ( 10 months only if full time student ,part time 2 years)which now is paying for my RN (9 months),in [link removed] i work weekend shifts and go to school during the week thus also reduces your fear of clinicals as when you work you are practicing what you learn in class therefore you will not need to read for clinicals this reduces your stress some times we need to take things a Little slow so as to handle others in our lives but good luck i made and i think you will.
    Last edited by asquare; 06-20-2008 at 10:11 PM. Reason: spam

Incorrigible

Good post? Yes | No
    Hello,

I would like to say, in your problem, why you can't take on that degree at the same time you have in your job? Is there a conflict to your schedule? If you're willing to take that degree so go for it. I know you will have a better future if you become a nurse in the future.

Best of luck
    Steve Feddern

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Taking online nursing classes will not inculcate ethical and practical application of nursing. What I would suggest you to do is take your general ed classes online, since most community colleges and state universities offer some courses online. And at the weekend take your lab classes on campus and your nursing classes must be taken there, too. Hope this will work for You!

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Today nursing is one of the most sought after, fastest growing and greatly in demand professions in the U.S.. There are many options that like scholarships, grants and financial aids that can help you to complete your nursing degree effecively.

Thread Information