Urch Forums

NBCOT OTR - Occupational Therapy Registered Exam

otr

Friends

Starting this new thread for those who are taking OTR exam. Please post on this thread. We can help each other by posting questions and answers using this thread.

I am taking this exam in couple of months. COllected some books from local library. Searching for more.

OTR

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi OTR takers,

I am hoping to pass my NBCOT exam by the end of this year. Currently I am working on IBT and Application of NBCOT.

I submitted my nbcot application on may 2005. I recieved application status email on 12th may 2005. According tothe status I needed to submitt my Toefl score . Unfortunatly I did not get required score in TSE. Now I am working on IBT.

Another thing, last week I again recieved an email on my application status that I need to submitted ACVF along with TOEFL score. What is that? I am getting this information after 9 months. Were they sleeping?:wallbash:

I Called nbcot told them," I can send Internship completion Certifiacte. It has date of graduation and type of degree". But they want that same thing on the different format. I mean on ACVF form.

The thing is that it will take lot of efforts and time on my part as currently I stay in US. I am highly pissed off.:mad:

Does anybody face such kinds of problem?Or it is only me who is having this problem.

Hey friends

I'm Swati.I live in california.Well even i want to take NBCOT in this year only,but unfortunatly i'm not getting sufficient score in TSE & thts why i'm concentrating on iBT nowadays.

Jyo,even i have submitted my papers in 2005 but they have recieved everything i guess b'cos rt. now they r askin me only TSE score.

Well I'm really glade to see this thread on forum.so atleast we can be in touch with another.& can help eachother too.

Swati-

Hi OTR takers,

I am hoping to pass my NBCOT exam by the end of this year. Currently I am working on IBT and Application of NBCOT.

I submitted my nbcot application on may 2005. I recieved application status email on 12th may 2005. According tothe status I needed to submitt my Toefl score . Unfortunatly I did not get required score in TSE. Now I am working on IBT.

Another thing, last week I again recieved an email on my application status that I need to submitted ACVF along with TOEFL score. What is that? I am getting this information after 9 months. Were they sleeping?:wallbash:

I Called nbcot told them," I can send Internship completion Certifiacte. It has date of graduation and type of degree". But they want that same thing on the different format. I mean on ACVF form.

The thing is that it will take lot of efforts and time on my part as currently I stay in US. I am highly pissed off.:mad:

Does anybody face such kinds of problem?Or it is only me who is having this problem.

I am Nisha,the original inventar of this thread otr,well let me tell u i am in the same boat as u guys i am stuck with tse its frustating.I hv booked the ibt toefl now.Lets see what happens.I am in sunnyvale,california too.If we can study in group it will b great.well let me know ur mail ids so that it will be convinent.Well i need to prepare 4 both tse n ibt now coz i dont want to miss this opportunity till the end of the year.

Well even i hv submitted everything in 2005 n now jus waiting 4 tse scores.I am so happy to see ur reply on this thread.Keep me posted.

Good luck to u guys.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hi, everyone! i am excited to see this NBCOT forum... i just want to know what books do i need to review for the exam.. i will take the exam this July, here in Manila. After 6 TSE exams, I passed it finally. I have 2 months to review and I know there are so many books to read; I just want to know what are the right ones to choose. Thanks for taking time to read my post and hopefully you will reply on this. congrats to those who passed already the english exams.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

am so happy to c many occupationaltherapists around. i did my ot from manipal, india. since 1yr am here in california. what are the tests do i need to take and do i have to be a member in any association to work here in california.

if i have to take tests pls help me with the website and where do i get the books .

am in great need of help n advice....pls help me

thank you

Hello fellow OTs

i am very happy that we have a forum here in test magic. [dance] [bounce] THANKS NISHA!!! :tup: I am now reviewing for NBCOT exam. I hope i will pass it. please pray for me.:luck2:

In regard to the toefl /tse, what i can advise is that just visit the tse forum here in testmagic. its really a great help. just follow the advice of those people who had taken the exam and passed it. the twe part of the toefl exam, i also used this site to guide me on how to compose an essay in an appropriate, passable twe essay.

as for the nbcot requirement, as I know of, one should complete all the requirements before taking the exam. if one has submitted the toefl score to nbcot and has not yet passed the tse, then they will inform the person what else should be completed. if the nbcot have already received the scores from ets then they will inform the applicant.

I hope our other fellow OTs will give us information, advices and other helpful tips in order to pass the nbcot.

Thanks very much and God bless us all.

mel [banana]

Hello Folks

All the best for those waiting for results of TSE and TOEFL and also those who are perparing for OTR? I am still stuck waiting for the iBT and TSE results. Hope I pass this time and join the bandwagon of OTR preparations. I am running out of patience and time.

Do you know if we can take OTR next year without having Masters provided that TSE and TOEFL is passed this year? Is this a rumour or truth?

-OTR

Hello OTR!

This information was emailed to me which was taken from the NBCOT:

NBCOT® Policy Change for International Occupational Therapist

Eligibility Determination (IOTED) Program

On January 1, 2007, the following change to the education criteria

of the NBCOT International Occupational Therapist Eligibility

Determination (IOTED) Program will take effect:

All occupational therapists applying for eligibility to take the

NBCOT Certification Examination must have successfully graduated

from a post-baccalaureate accredited occupational therapy

professional program recognized by NBCOT . Programs should be

accredited by either the Accreditation Council for Occupational

Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy

Association or the World Federation of

Occupational Therapists (WFOT).

As a result of this policy change, December 31, 2006 is the last

date that NBCOT will accept any new or reactivated IOTED

applications from occupational therapists holding

diploma/baccalaureate degrees.

Active applications from diploma/baccalaureate applicants that are

approved to take the NBCOT Certification Examination for

OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST REGISTERED OTR®, will be given a one-year

period—until December 31, 2007—to take and pass the examination.

Candidates who do not take and pass the examination by this deadline

will be required to repeat the eligibility

determination process, and must meet the new education

criteria. This examination deadline also applies to repeating

candidates who have failed prior exam attempts.

Inactive applications from diploma/baccalaureate applicants that are

on file at NBCOT as of December 31, 2006,

will become permanently closed from further review.

I hope this will help.

mel

Hi Mel,

Thanks for the information.I confirmed it from the otr website.Best luck to you,vislav and swati for OTR preparation.Guide us on how to prepare for OTR.Please share the study material and books to refer.

Once again Good luck! to ALL who are going to appear for OTR.

Thanks.

otr.

• 1 month later...

hello Kavita,

I'm Swati,well Welcome to this forum..

Anyway what papers you sent to NBCOT? I think you better check this website ,they have given everything in detailes about what papers they need from us & from our college..website is..

http://www.nbcot.org/webarticles/anmviewer.asp?a=70&z=15

I hope this might help you...& hurry up if you are just baccularate then u need to file & clear your TSE by end of this year...otherwise you'll need to do master here...

I wish you very Good Luck!!!

Swati-

hey kavitha,

we ll on the same page dont worry. thou i havent taken toefl yet,heard a lot abt it.my toefl was on 29th but they rescheduled it to sept 23rd and informed me just 2days before.

hey swathi,

i heard that NBCOT has extended the eligibility to 2007 if u have sent all the required forms before dec2006.

hi, everyone!!! I just took the NBCOT exam last July 1st in Manila, of course, it's where I am located. For sure, I will not pass the exam coz I wasn't able to study while working. I just want to know if anyone had taken the exam last July? What reviewers you're going to study? I have an old reviewer by Cottrell, copyright 2001. brand new but old edition. if you're interested to buy it, just send me a message.