Urch Forums

to all nurses in the philippines

janjan

Is it necessary to take local board before taking NCLEX?

If not, what are the step by step processes or the requirements in taking NCLEX? I'm a student nurse in the Philippines and I really want to take NCLEX ASAP. Please help me...

janjan

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks for info, I think by next year she will go to Maryland! btw thanks again!

How easy would it be to find a nursing position in the US if you are coming from the Philippines? If you don't have a permanent residency in the U.S., is it easy to get a Visa? Did your sister have to go through a recruiting agency? I am just very curious.

• 3 weeks later...
While I am not Tweetybabes, I am assuming that it is either tourist visa or student visa. It would be much easier to get sponsorship within the U.S. instread of getting a working visa abroad. However I am just guessing and look forward to hear from Tweetybabes as well.

As a nurse, you can get employer sponsor from hospitals, nursing homes etc so you can work in the U.S. The process, from what I understand is that a hospital sponsor a nurse, a hospital hired or nurse hired lawyer files the paperwork and within few months to 6 (?) months get a working permit. Within few months to 1 or 2 (?) years the nurse has to provide visa screen (pass the IELTS, iBT TOEFL or TSE & pbt TOEFL) and the nurse will get a "green" card. This could take 6 months or several years depending on the situation. I hope I got this information correct and if so, answers your questions. ;)

So what do you mean by sponsorship?

• 3 years later...
Hi I'm asking this for my husband. He graduated nursing in the Philippines and he has not taken the Board exams in the Phillippines. My question is can he take the CGFNS or NCLEX? or does he have to be a board passer in the Philippines? We are living in Illinois right now.

• 1 month later...