Urch Forums

Foreign Pharmacist seeking information

brian1978

hi,

Could anyone direct me to information on what a Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem is worth in the States?

I'd like to find out if it's enough to get a job in the metro NY area and/or what US school would count the courses from this degree toward a domestic degree in Pharmacy.

Thanks!

B.

Hi brian,

Basically the answer depends on what kind of degree you have. if you have a four year degree and you have graduated before 2003 you can apply for foreign pharmacists equivalency examinations. if you have a five year degree you are ok to apply with out any restrictions. but for more and accurate info check the nabp website.

good luck.

Hi,

Because you have a 4-yr degree and graduated after 2003 you cannot sit for FPGEE (as Pharm said, you need a 4-yr degree earned before 2003 or 5-yr degree).

I am not sure if any university in the US will give you credits for the courses you have already taken. I guess different institutions have different policies and the best thing would be to contact directly the school of pharmacy you are interested in.

Good luck,

Maybe if you'll get a MA in Pharm. from HUJI the NABP will consider the extra years of study for the fpgec. I'm sure Golomb or Hoffman won't object a master student.

I luckilly, graduated before 2003 (1996 to be exact) so the 4 years are enough. I'm now studying for the fpgee in June.

Hey M, thanks for replying!

The idea is to move next year in order to join my other half, who is already in NYC; so starting a masters in Jerusalem is out of the question, and also quite unsure with the NABP. Any other ideas will be appreciated...

Good luck on your test!

B.

• 9 years later...

Hello.

Has anyone or would you know anyone who earned the degree of MS Pharmacy as well as graduated from a 4-year BS Pharmacy curriculum after January 2003 applied for FPGEC? I have earned both degrees from the Philippines after January 2003.

Would you kindly share the results of the evaluation? Were you allowed to sit for FPGEE?

Thank you.