Urch Forums

how can a foreign pharmacist work in the US as a licensed pharmacist?

kanza

hello,

im a foreign pharmacy graduate. im currently living in pakistan, having done my graduation in the course pharm D this year.actually im planning to move to pensylvania this year.i would like to know the requirements of practising as a licensed pharmacist in PA as well as the eligibility criteria to be able to apply in the pharmacy residency programs in PA.

i believe i would have to take the licensing exams including NAPLEX,MPJE,FPGEE and TOEFL?...is that all?which one should be taken first and where shall i begin my preparation from?any books suggested?

To be approved to take these tests, PA requires 1500 intern hours that are documented and signed off by a pharmacist.where should these intern hours be completed and what do i have to do before starting such an internship?

Besides will i still have to take all these licensing tests even if i go for some masters program-say masters in pharmacology for an example- or i could start right away with a foreign state pharm D degree?

being a foreign graduate i have absolutely no idea about working as a pharmacist in the US.plz help me out im really confused!

thanku

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello everyone

I am a graduate in pharmacy from Pakistan and have completed my degree of Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm-D.) I also want to work as a licensed pharmacist in USA. I am currently enrolled in M.Phil (Masters) Pharmacology.

We can talk on skype if you want and can share our knowledge and help out eachother.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Take care

• 5 years later...
Hello everyone

I am a graduate in pharmacy from Pakistan and have completed my degree of Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm-D.) I also want to work as a licensed pharmacist in USA. I am currently enrolled in M.Phil (Masters) Pharmacology.

We can talk on skype if you want and can share our knowledge and help out eachother.

Take care

Hi there, i hope you are registered by now. i am also looking to register as a pharmacist and a bit confused on internship hours as part of the process. since one needs social security number in order to work, how can one get the working rights who comes to US on visit visa?

Thanks

• 4 months later...
Hi there, i hope you are registered by now. i am also looking to register as a pharmacist and a bit confused on internship hours as part of the process. since one needs social security number in order to work, how can one get the working rights who comes to US on visit visa?

Thanks

Hi! If you are still looking for this information, please check out UCSD Health Sciences International website and contact them by email. They have a program that helps you acquire all off this, including 1500 hours, Social Security number and etc.

• 9 months later...
Hello everyone

Take care

Hey Saba03 and everyone else!!

Im also on the same boat can any of you guide me please. I would really appreciate ur guidance.

Regards

FB