Urch Forums

Georgia MPJE and State Pactical exams

tdabrowiak

Hi All,

I just moved to Georgia 2 weeks ago from Chicago. I have been a clinical pharmacist in the ICU for the past 10 years. I am now facing the task of license transfer. I am looking for any recent pharmacy students or pharmacists who have taken either test for some content guidance as well as any study guide materials you may have. I have located some practice compounding calculations....I would like to know more about they type of products others have compounded in the past for the exam. I would LOVE a concise Georgia state law study guide ( or federal law for that matter) if anyone has one out there....that would be waaayy better than reading hundreds of pages of law code. Any insight on the counseling or written portion of the practical exam would be welcome.

So this is my Christmas "wish list" if anyone out there can help a poor city girl out. If there is anyone else out there currently studying for the same tests...let's connect and buddy up!

Thanks,

Tracy

Jonathan, hows it going??

So far... I have completed the 120 practice calculations...there are some errors in the answers that I found so be careful. Today I was on pskills.pharm.ku.edu/displab.html ...there are some really good areas for errors and omissions, and patient counseling to quiz yourself. Just start clicking...

I was also playing around today with pharmlab.unc.edu reviewing some compounding basics...there is a nice review with some videos. If you go to the references tab there are some practice quiz bank questions that I found helpful. Try these and see what you think.. I do sometimes have trouble with the quiz bank link...if you find a way past that let me know??

Anything new to share on your side??

Tracy

• 2 months later...

Dear Tracy,

I'm moving to GA from PA, and would appreciate any feedback or materials you have on the license transfer process and exams, mostly the latter (Practical and Jurisprudence).. I'm sure you aced the exams already...I would appreciate if you can pass your materials to me.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks a lot!

Nikky

Hi Nikky,

I did pass the Georgia State Practical exam....I would definitely go to the displab website I referenced above...it is a great source of practice for the practical exam...and kinda fun too. Have you located the practice calculations that have been floating around for awhile (120 calculations)? They are also helpful...I did find some errors however on a couple of questions but if you are up to speed with your calculations you will easily recognize the errors in the solutions, so its not really a big deal. Also for the compounding part I got a good reminder on some things from pharmlab.unc.edu.

Maybe we should talk off line if you want information about the practical and it's components. I don't know what information you may already have and what you need to know? I am planning to take the MPJE in probably 2-3 weeks. I have some study materials for the MPJE. Maybe we can share information or study?

Tracy

• 1 month later...

Hi Tracy,

Congrats on passing the exams. I'm actually moving end of May and plan to take my exams in and around then, so just kinda doing my ground work and starting to study in April.

What reference material did you use for MPJE? I haven't seen the 120 calculations either, can you send me what you have/found. I would love to talk offline. My email is nabiodun@gmail.com.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Nikky

Hi Nikky,

I did pass the Georgia State Practical exam....I would definitely go to the displab website I referenced above...it is a great source of practice for the practical exam...and kinda fun too. Have you located the practice calculations that have been floating around for awhile (120 calculations)? They are also helpful...I did find some errors however on a couple of questions but if you are up to speed with your calculations you will easily recognize the errors in the solutions, so its not really a big deal. Also for the compounding part I got a good reminder on some things from pharmlab.unc.edu.

Maybe we should talk off line if you want information about the practical and it's components. I don't know what information you may already have and what you need to know? I am planning to take the MPJE in probably 2-3 weeks. I have some study materials for the MPJE. Maybe we can share information or study?

Tracy

• 3 months later...
Hi Tracy,

Congrats on passing the exams. I'm actually moving end of May and plan to take my exams in and around then, so just kinda doing my ground work and starting to study in April.

What reference material did you use for MPJE? I haven't seen the 120 calculations either, can you send me what you have/found. I would love to talk offline. My email is nabiodun@gmail.com.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Nikky

Hi All,

I'm planning to move to Georgia as well but have no clue where to get materials for Georgia

Practical Exam. Georgia Board already gave my ATT & scheduled to take it next month.

If anybody has succeeded taking the exam, I need help badly!

Hope to hear from anyone.

Maree

• 3 years later...
Dear Tracy,

I'm moving to GA from AL, and would appreciate any feedback or materials you have on the license transfer process and exams, mostly the latter (Practical and Jurisprudence).. I'm sure you aced the exams already...I would appreciate if you can pass your materials to me.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks a lot!

Jana

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

I am trying to reciprocate from AL to GA. I have been working outpatient, and currently out of touch with compounding and some basic information, I am scheduled to take the practicals in 2 weeks, and i honestly have no clue on where to begin. Any advise of suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much.