Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Undergrad Courses Required for PHD Marketing Quant or CB

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No

Undergrad Courses Required for PHD Marketing Quant or CB

Sponsored Ad:
    Dear all, I've heard a lot of people say that the courses you have on your undergrad transcript have a lot to do with you chances to get into a good PHD Marketing program. So, Calculus Series is required if you are going for PHD Marketing in quantitative and Psychology and Sociology are required for Consumer Behavior. Can someone experienced provide everyone on this forum with a good list of which courses are required for each area i.e quant and CB?

Thanks in advance.

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    I've no idea about CB. For quant, they will look at all math (calculus, statistics, analysis) and econ courses (micro, game theory, IO, econometrics, or other related).

TestMagic Guru-in-Training

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No
    For CB, the main thing is psychology courses (social psych), and statistics courses (as much as you can take). Linear algebra would also be helpful. Also helpful but not necessary would be courses that are peripherally related, ie. social neuroscience. Graduate level courses in psychology and stats would also be great. And then if we're going for the perfect profile, why not throw in a few marketing courses like Principles and CB (for the cherry on top, CB at the doctoral level would be really nice to have).
    Then the more important/differentiating factor becomes how much research experience you can acquire during your spare time.
    Pair that in with super high grades, super high GMAT score, and you'll be a super competitive applicant.

A long long time ago XanthusARES's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
    For CB, the main thing is psychology courses (social psych), and statistics courses (as much as you can take). Linear algebra would also be helpful. Also helpful but not necessary would be courses that are peripherally related, ie. social neuroscience. Graduate level courses in psychology and stats would also be great. And then if we're going for the perfect profile, why not throw in a few marketing courses like Principles and CB (for the cherry on top, CB at the doctoral level would be really nice to have).
    Then the more important/differentiating factor becomes how much research experience you can acquire during your spare time.
    Pair that in with super high grades, super high GMAT score, and you'll be a super competitive applicant.
    This is some Super advice!
    Til now I always got by on my own
    I never really cared until I met you...

Thread Information