Urch Forums

Profile Evaluation for PhD in Marketing (Marketing Modelling)

krisnaren2010

I am a prospective student looking to pursue PhD in Marketing with emphasis on Market Modelling. Requesting an Evaluation of my current profile. Please list any gaps in the application so that I can work on them if possible.

Present Position: Marketing Manager at Agricultural Equipment Manufacturer in India. Primary job functions include Developing Marketing initiatives for Domestic and International Sales. Conducting Extensive Market Research on the Agriculture Equipment Market in India.Been in this position for 5 years

Prior and Total Work experience: Have worked with leading MNC's for a period of 4 years in Product Development and Market Research, Total Work Experience of 10 years in Market Research and Product Commercialization. Have worked for 2 years for a leading BPO company as Head Market Research Analyst in New York.

Education:

MBA in Marketing from Rochester Institute:2010, CGPA: 3.95/4.0

Undergrad:Mechanical Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Warangal, C.G.P.A 7.79/10.00 Grades in Economics: A, Mathematics & Statistics, (5 courses: 3 As and 2 Bs)

GMAT:

Total Score: 750 (98 Percentile)

AWA: 6.0/6.0

IR: 7.0/8.0

Quant: 50

Verbal: 42

TOEFL: giving it in june Expected range: 110-115.

Original Research: Published 3 research papers in the area of Marketing in Peer reviewed Business Conferences in Asia. One research paper published, two papers selected for publication in journals, Awaiting Publication. I have published these papers based on the research I have conducted at my work. Apart from these have worked as a Reserach Assistant for Professors and assited professors in research for publishing papers.

Colleges applying for:

I am considering applying for most of the top 20 programs. Some specific schools I am considering are:

1. Harvard Business School

2.Wharton Business School

3.Yale

4.MCCOMBS: university of Texas at Austin

5.Marshall School of Business: university of South California

6.University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

7.Stern Business School- NYU

8.Indiana University-Kelley School of Business

9.Georgia State- J.Mack Robinson School of business

10.C.T.Bauer School of Business- University of Texas at Houston

Can anyone recommend some safe schools for my profile

Thanks in advance for the helpful feedback