Looks like a top profile. As good as any. What is your intended field of study? Strategy?
I am a 26-year old Indian male national looking to do a PhD from a leading US/European business school in preferably a quantitatively - inclined field. My profile for your reference:
Class X: 94.00% (ICSE)
Class XII: 96.25% (ISC), school topper; 100% in Maths.
- Among the 110 candidates in India (out of 50K) to clear ISI's B.Stat admission test.
- Ranked 9th in WBJEE (out of 100K)
- Cleared IITJEE successfully.
B.E. Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering (Jadavpur University)
- GPA: 9.0/10
- GRE: 330/340 (AWA: 5.5/6.0)
- Among the top 5% of the graduating class
- Published 1 international journal (SCOPUS indexed) and 9 IEEE/Springer conf papers on bio-
inspired Machine Learning algorithms.
- Summer internships: NTU Singapore & a highly ranked tech R&D firm based in India (got a PPO)
- Got fully funded MS/PhD offers from Georgia Tech, Purdue, UPenn, Penn State, CMU .(rejected all).
- Scored 99.87% in CAT & 99.97% in XAT =× Joined IIM A PGDM.
Technical skills: C/C++, Java, MATLAB
GPA: 3.1/4 (top 30%)
Focus - Finance, Data Science & Strategy
- Reaction-Diffusion Equations with Applications to Economic Systems [Book chapter] Econophysics and Sociophysics (Springer)
- An Unbiased Critique of the Fluid Relationship between Happiness and Advertising. (IIM C research conf)
- An eclectic demystification of Operation Barga (National Law Uni research conf)
- Towards a model National IPR policy for India (independent SSRN submission), recommended for publication by Noam Chomski.
Summer Internship: Quant Strategy at a US bulge bracket IB (final interview offer)
Final placement: With a European bulge bracket IB.
past 2 years:
- Cleared both levels of the FRM exam - awaiting certification post completion of relevant work experience.
- Quant Strategist/Analyst on the Synthetic Equity Trading desk of the bank (specifically, have a good understanding of how Prime Finance as a business works with a fair understanding of smart beta products & thematic/CROCI baskets).
- Promoted to "Associate" in the first cycle.
Skills picked up: Excel/VBA, postgreSQL, R, Bloomberg, Eikon Reuters and a whole list of trading risk management systems.
GMAT: 750 (42 VA + 49 QA), 5/6 AWA & 8/8 IR.
Could you please help me regarding how I can build my profile and the tracks/concentrations/areas I should apply to in order to get into the best schools? I intend to start in Fall 2019.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)