Urch Forums

Profile evaluation: PhD in Marketing (CB)

Eric123

Please kindly give me some advice as to where I could go.

Undergrad major Psychology (from a top US school)

Undergrad GPA: 3.96/4.00

GRE: 335 (V170; Q165; AW6)

Research: 1 B+ SSCI journal publication (CB area, equal authorship with professors); several undergoing with professors; 2.5 years' RA experience

Teaching: one semester TA and tutorial instructor for a biological course

working: website manager for family enterprise

LOR: 3 references from cooperative professors

Can I target any top 10 schools? Thanks!

Yep, you can apply to top 10 programs. There's not really a lot to say. The GRE quant may be slightly under the 90% cut-off, but honestly that's not likely a huge deal with your research background, especially if your co-authors are well known and connected. Top 10 is always kind of a crapshoot, so I would still apply widely if I were you, but nothing about your package would necessarily keep you out of a top school. Good luck!

Yep, you can apply to top 10 programs. There's not really a lot to say. The GRE quant may be slightly under the 90% cut-off, but honestly that's not likely a huge deal with your research background, especially if your co-authors are well known and connected. Top 10 is always kind of a crapshoot, so I would still apply widely if I were you, but nothing about your package would necessarily keep you out of a top school. Good luck!

Many thanks for your comments! what I am concerned is about my GRE quant score which is a bit unsatisfactory. I took some solid math courses with all As which I hope can remedy a bit. Yes I'll apply widely to ensure I will not lose the chance. I have learned a lot here!

What you've shared puts you in the zone for top 10 schools, should get you to the Skype interview round if you have a good statement of purpose.

Thank you for your good point! I am currently writing up my SOP which will focus on my motivation, research experience, and fit. Where can I find sample SOP to get inspired?

Many thanks for your comments! what I am concerned is about my GRE quant score which is a bit unsatisfactory. I took some solid math courses with all As which I hope can remedy a bit. Yes I'll apply widely to ensure I will not lose the chance. I have learned a lot here!

Yeah, that's a fair concern. I don't know, it may keep you out of a few schools, but I don't think it will be a huge deal.

• 2 weeks later...