Urch Forums

Do schools mass-reach out to people to encourage them to apply last minute?

EUU

Hey Friendz, so I wonder if this is a sign that someone is really interested or another mass email reminder of application deadline? Very confused right now :( bc the school who did this seems pretty hard to get in and that's what deterred me from even thinking about applying in the first place...:wallbash::gray::ninja:

Yes they mass email

Thank you! LOL why would they do this though if they're not even interested in people :miserable: annoyed...

I haven't even started an application with them...didn't have the gut to :( guess I'll pass then :cold:

Lol in hindsight might as well do my best...lol very self-conflicted now :upset:

Edited by EUU

• 2 weeks later...
Just a thought... Schools that mass email as many potential applicants they can find are looking to increase their applicant pool. The more applicants they have, the more of a chance they can find potentially a good candidate. It's no guarantee that they will seriously consider you if your profile is not meeting typical standards (subjective, depending on school). Again, it's just a strategy to market their program to increase the size of the applicant pool.

Thank you! LOL why would they do this though if they're not even interested in people :miserable: annoyed...

Guess you have the email(s) coming from schools in the US. If yes, then there is a reason for an increase in mass mailers this year. Though it is still early, schools that have deadlines in December might be seeing lower number of applications due to uncertainties on many many fronts. Of course this may not apply to T20 or even T30 schools.

Does this mean an increased chance? My guess is - not really. Like tm_associate says, some standards have to be met for the school to give your application a serious look.

Just a thought... Schools that mass email as many potential applicants they can find are looking to increase their applicant pool. The more applicants they have, the more of a chance they can find potentially a good candidate. It's no guarantee that they will seriously consider you if your profile is not meeting typical standards (subjective, depending on school). Again, it's just a strategy to market their program to increase the size of the applicant pool.

Oh I see thank you :)

Guess you have the email(s) coming from schools in the US. If yes, then there is a reason for an increase in mass mailers this year. Though it is still early, schools that have deadlines in December might be seeing lower number of applications due to uncertainties on many many fronts. Of course this may not apply to T20 or even T30 schools.

Does this mean an increased chance? My guess is - not really. Like tm_associate says, some standards have to be met for the school to give your application a serious look.

I see thank you :) when you mentioned that "this may not apply to T20 or even T30 schools," did you mean that they mass email just to increase the number of potential rejects lol haha that's a smart way of making themselves more competitive haha :watermelon: