Urch Forums

Marketing CB: Which schools are the strongest?

Eric123

Just a quick question: For those who pursue behavioral marketing, which schools are the strongest ones? Northwestern or Stanford? How about Duke or UPenn? Thanks!

I would place Penn and Duke at the top, with Stanford right below. Northwestern is a little more interesting - I believe that depends more on what you're looking for. I've heard it's a little more quant focused.

Also, there are a bunch of schools who have already sent out interviews and made offers, including some discussed in this thread.

If you are motivated, then all of the schools you mentioned are great. No school is better than any other. Placement depends on you, not the school, at this point. If you are 100% sure academia is the career for you, then you'll excel anywhere you go. And you should pick a school based on fit, not name.

However, if you are going directly from undergrad and not really sure if academia is the right path for you, then I suggest Northwestern. Kellogg gives students a real experience of what career in research is like from the first year. And if you don't like it, they help you get a great job: they give you an MS in Marketing (for free) and access to the MBA recruitment.

Best of luck.