Sponsored Ad:

Thread: Experience with Dutch PhD programmes ?

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Experience with Dutch PhD programmes ?

Sponsored Ad:
    Hi,

I applied to a dutch management PhD programme and had a Skype interview with them a couple of days ago.

It is for a particular PhD vacancy against an identified project I am really interested in pursuing.

The interview was mostly focused around my reasons for pursuing a PhD and why at that particular school.

I believe they are interviewing multiple candidates and told that they would get back in a few days.

Also there would be an "assessment" if they decide to proceed with my candidature. Does anyone have any idea what these assessments check (Technical skills or just psychological tests) ?

I am really interested in the project and was wondering if its common to interview multiple candidates ?

Thanks for your time?

Good post? Yes | No

Re: Experience with Dutch PhD programmes ?

I have no experience with Dutch management programs, but I'm assuming they are not so different.

It's common to interview multiple candidates, but not too many. So, if you get an interview, they think you are a good one.

I don't think psychological tests are common, and think I never heard about one for PhD applicants. It should be more related to research. Review a paper, things like that maybe.

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Re: Experience with Dutch PhD programmes ?

Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianPhD View Post
    I have no experience with Dutch management programs, but I'm assuming they are not so different.y

It's common to interview multiple candidates, but not too many. So, if you get an interview, they think you are a good one.

I don't think psychological tests are common, and think I never heard about one for PhD applicants. It should be more related to research. Review a paper, things like that maybe.

Thanks BrazilianPhD!

I Agree that even I havenít heard of psychological tests for PhD applicants....
    i am am a bit concerned as I wasnít able to articulate my exactreasons for pursuing a business PhD. Even though I am very interested in the project but my background isnít entirely in psychology and the committee was probing me to find out if my background would meet with the project requirements...

Also are you expected to deeply know what research the professors are doing...as I just broadly told told them about the area they work in and didnít categorically list their papers....is that okay?

i am just being paranoid I guess....anyway thanks!

Thread Information