thanks, tad2020! I would happy to speak about these privately; feel free to send me a message and we can hop on the phone. And yes, I heard from NYU's Stern (micro OB) on Jan. 23rd for an on-campus interview. I heard from USC's Marshall from a faculty member –– informing me that I was on their shortlist. Like Stanford, I think, USC will send out acceptances without having invited candidates to interview.
Thanks so much for the reply! All the best to you!!
I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed & hope miracle could happen.
I still have one flyout interview (top 50-ish biz school?) so I guess there's a still chance of PhD for me...
A short second interview is not necessarily bad. Some programs like to have the opinions of at least two professors, and then they do a second interview because of that (even if the professor for the second interview has no interest in you).
Eventually Waitlisted. I think I should wait and wish good luck. I got a mail that I am wait listed and final decision depends on the third offer from the school or on the decision from other candidates.. Although this is not an admission letter, at least I should not lose my hope! Thank you for the kind reply.