Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 190

Thread: 2020 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

  1. #11
    Eager!
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

    Sponsored Ad:
    Some schools have started to interview, but I think most of them haven't started reviewing yet.

  2. #12
    Eager!
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by phd2020 View Post
    Some schools have started to interview, but I think most of them haven't started reviewing yet.
    Do you know which ones?

  3. #13
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

    @instajar, it's very early in the process. I heard from friends who are in top OB programs that we will hear from schools between now and mid to late March, with the majority of the programs notifying students between mid January and mid February. There are exceptions like Harvard Business School and Berkeley's Hass (Berkeley isn't accepting OB students this year), as they typically send out first-round interview invitations during the first week of January. If you don't hear from schools during a "normal" timeline, don't panic –– you never know whether a school is late to the process during a particular year, as you also never know whether you've been internally waitlisted, etc. Best luck to all this application cycle!

  4. #14
    Eager!
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PhdHopeful2020 View Post
    @instajar, it's very early in the process. I heard from friends who are in top OB programs that we will hear from schools between now and mid to late March, with the majority of the programs notifying students between mid January and mid February. There are exceptions like Harvard Business School and Berkeley's Hass (Berkeley isn't accepting OB students this year), as they typically send out first-round interview invitations during the first week of January. If you don't hear from schools during a "normal" timeline, don't panic –– you never know whether a school is late to the process during a particular year, as you also never know whether you've been internally waitlisted, etc. Best luck to all this application cycle!
    That sounds right to me. I don't know any that have already started interviewing. Best of luck to you too.

  5. #15
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    2


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

    I interviewed this week at a public school in management. Other than that, it's been quiet for me. (I applied to 11 management/strategy programs.)
    Last edited by piano55; 01-10-2020 at 11:06 PM.

  6. #16
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

    When does finance programs start emailing the students for the interviews. Which is the earliest top-20 program to call for an interview?​

  7. #17
    Eager!
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

    I interviewed with 2 (top 20-30). Still waiting to hear back from others (Marketing).

  8. #18
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by phd2020 View Post
    I interviewed with 2 (top 20-30). Still waiting to hear back from others (Marketing).
    Hey, may I know which two schools they are? Many thanks.

  9. #19
    Eager!
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

    I just got my first interview offer! For a strategy/management department that seems to only have at most one student per year.

  10. #20
    Trying to make mom and pop proud
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    1


    Good post? Yes | No

    Re: 2020 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by instajar View Post
    I just got my first interview offer! For a strategy/management department that seems to only have at most one student per year.
    Could you share which school it is? Haven't heard from any school yet...

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 PhD Applicant Sweat Thread
    By tm_associate in forum PhD in Business
    Replies: 246
    Last Post: 11-18-2019, 04:50 PM
  2. 2019 Admission Sweat Thread
    By tm_member in forum PhD in Economics
    Replies: 1694
    Last Post: 05-31-2019, 10:29 PM
  3. Profile Evaluation - Fall 2019 Applicant - ML engineer
    By gnelli in forum PhD in Economics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2018, 12:34 AM
  4. Fall 2019 Applicant Profile Evaluation
    By db2018 in forum PhD in Economics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2018, 09:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •