Urch Forums

Fall 2021 PhD start - Business PhD Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

tm_associate

To facilitate information sharing on the forum, please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about your received interviews, admission offers, or rejections.

The following format has been in prior years:

Notification Type (e.g., skype interview, flyout interview, waitlisted, accepted, rejected):

Institution Name:

Concentration Applying to (e.g., strategic management, finance, accounting, org behavior, marketing, etc.):

Date of Notification:

Type of Notification (e.g., email, phone, snail mail):

Additional Comments:

If you are fortunate enough to get a callback (interview or acceptance) from one of your top schools, congrats! If not, then remember ... several universities are probably pursuing the same candidates. By the time most of them make their decision, the programs that they decided not to go to are likely to have to go down the waitlist. Students at the top of their waitlists may have already accepted offers at other programs! Remember, it does't matter if you were their top pick or not! If you got in the program (for whatever reason), you're in!

Best of luck!

• 7 months later...

I thought it would be a good idea to get this thread going, I'm also excited to have received my first interview invite!

Notification Type: Zoom interview

Institution Name: HEC Paris

Concentration Applying to: Management

Date of Notification: 27 Jan

Type of Notification: email

Additional Comments: interview will be next week

• 1 month later...

Notification Type - Acceptance

Institution Name: University of Central Florida

Concentration Applying to: OB

Date of Notification: 2/20/2021

Type of Notification: Email

Additional Comments: the have 4 slots - 2 OB, 2 Strat. I've yet to accept the offer but am heavily considering it.

Notification Type: Waitlisted

Institution Name: University of Arizona

Concentration Applying: OB, M&O

Date of Notification: Feb 8, 2020

Type of Notification (e.g., email, phone, snail mail): Email

Additional Comments: Still on the waitlist, extended 3 total offers. Waiting to hear back.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you really think that is a good idea for a business? I mean, don’t want to offence someone here or blame you, but we are killing the whole spirit this way. I don’t know, I would better think of an educational business idea. A private school, a kindergarten, no way it’s about stuff like you offer. Sure, you will find companies like Forecast in 30 Minutes or Less - Let me Show You - Calxa that will provide you with all the necessaire ideas, but I would really recommend you to think about another business idea. It’s a shame to have such an ignorant mind! Edited by Gehirn