Thread: Fall 2021 PhD start - PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

Trying to make mom and pop proud

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No

Fall 2021 PhD start - PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

Sponsored Ad:
    -----------
    Note from Forum Admin
    -----------

Welcome to the 2021 Ph.D. in business concentrations' sweat thread! This is a thread for applicants (hopefully!) starting their PhD program in 2021! Use this is vent, discuss any frustrations, or random musings that you would like others to weigh in on! Best of luck to this years applicants!

For those of you just starting to browse this website, check out the Welcome to the Forum thread for information that has been helpful in the past.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I didn't see a sweat thread so I'm just going to make one for everyone grinding out the apps now.

*sweats nervously*
    Last edited by tm_associate; 12-17-2020 at 04:41 AM.

Good post? Yes | No

Re: Fall 2021 PhD start - PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

Thank you for making this thread! Glad to see that we all have a place to talk about 2021 admissions (And of course, a place to sweat together!)

Good post? Yes | No

Yes - Thanks for starting this! Best of luck to everyone who is trying to get applications in before tomorrow's deadline!

I'm applying to Management and OB programs. and crossing my fingers for a top-10 admittance. Have any of you been hearing more rumors about programs admitting fewer applicants this year?

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by katykand View Post

I'm applying to Management and OB programs. and crossing my fingers for a top-10 admittance. Have any of you been hearing more rumors about programs admitting fewer applicants this year?
    Michigan said on an info session that they are likely only admitting one student per area (compared to 3-4 in a normal year). I haven't heard that from other programs though, how about you?

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by agilist View Post
    Michigan said on an info session that they are likely only admitting one student per area (compared to 3-4 in a normal year). I haven't heard that from other programs though, how about you?
    I heard UW, UNC, and USC had already gone down to 1 in OB/Management last year. Cornell's ILR school posted on their site that they are admitting fewer for the 2021 round and Cornell's Johnson school faculty (in a couple phones calls) said that they are cutting back to 1-2 for Management.

Makes me want to spread a wide application net. I already applied to 15 schools, but with the Dec. 15 deadline looming I am considering getting a couple more. I probably won't (considering the extra effort to get recommendations in on time), but the craziness of this round of applications is making me feel extra nervous.

Good post? Yes | No

I heard UW, UNC, and USC had already gone down to 1 in OB/Management last year. Cornell's ILR school posted on their site that they are admitting fewer for the 2021 round and Cornell's Johnson school faculty (in a couple phones calls) said that they are cutting back to 1-2 for Management.

Makes me want to spread a wide application net. I already applied to 15 schools, but with the Dec. 15 deadline looming I am considering getting a couple more. I probably won't (considering the extra effort to get recommendations in on time), but the craziness of this round of applications is making me feel extra nervous.
    Wow, thanks for the info! I didn't realize those had scaled back - that's too bad, makes for a lonely management cohort for the one student admitted!

And congrats on getting your 15 applications in, and good luck with any others you decide to do! I opted to apply to 10 this year, and if I'm not admitted anywhere, I will take another shot next year.

Good post? Yes | No

Yes - Thanks for starting this! Best of luck to everyone who is trying to get applications in before tomorrow's deadline!

On an information session, MIT Sloan said that there is no effect whatsoever on the admission in every subfield, i.e., same slots and funding as usual years.

Good post? Yes | No

Hope everyone's applications are going well! Anyone else applying to marketing programs? I've also heard of a handful of top schools planning on only admitting 1-3 this year to mktg programs because of COVID, high enrollment in previous years, etc.

Good post? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by eggington View Post
    Hope everyone's applications are going well! Anyone else applying to marketing programs? I've also heard of a handful of top schools planning on only admitting 1-3 this year to mktg programs because of COVID, high enrollment in previous years, etc.
    Hi! Iím also a marketing applicant! Are you applying for CB or quant?

Good post? Yes | No

Hi!

I have been waiting for this thread since a long time. I am applying to Quant/Strategy in Marketing for Fall 2021.
    Have applied to 16 unis and cant wait to be on the other side of this whole thing.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information