Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MSc Economics: Bocconi or BGSE?

Good post? Yes | No
    Sponsored Ad:
    This is a question for me ...check your reputation!

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by italos View Post
    This is a question for me ...check your reputation!
    I am sorry, what?

yawn

Good post? Yes | No
    Hey everyone, I am resurrecting this thread because of this comment that scared me:

I think top 10% is rather difficult, if not impossible, for somebody who has not studied in Bocconi before (unless you're a genius). In a class of 85 students you should basically be among the 8 best. 17 people considering english and italian classes together. I know who is applying to the MSc here and I think there's a lot of people deserving the scholarship.
    undergrads here are aware (today more than in the past) that Bocconi offers great opportunities and are thus more willing to continue with the MSc here rather than moving abroad. this makes it even more competitive.
    I think if I received a scholarship it would be very difficult for me to have it confirmed for the second year.
    I am an international student admitted to ESS who got the Merit Award for next year. My goal is a PhD in the US--although if I did not gain entry to a top 20 program, simply staying in Europe and working in the private sector would be a tolerable second choice. The 2000 payment is due in a week and I am leaning toward paying it and committing to Bocconi, since the funding and my liking the location makes this offer seem better than any others I am likely to receive. But am I wrong? Are there special challenges that international students face, as the poster above thought? What exactly makes the Italian system hard to get used to? And do the majority of internationals lose the scholarship in the second year? Thanks for any help!

Within my grasp!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Good post? Yes | No
    Hey jerseyGuy, commit to Bocconi and don't worry too much about the scholarship. You don't have to be a genius to keep the 28 gpa, you just have to put in some effort, but it is very doable. You can PM me if you want more info.
    Attending: Stanford!

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Re: MSc Economics: Bocconi or BGSE?

Quote Originally Posted by emanuele View Post
    Hey jerseyGuy, commit to Bocconi and don't worry too much about the scholarship. You don't have to be a genius to keep the 28 gpa, you just have to put in some effort, but it is very doable. You can PM me if you want more info.
    Sorry to reopen this thread and thanks for all your insights and discussions!

I am a newly accepted Bocconi Ess international student and it's time to pay my deposit. However, I still have some concerns about what you have talked above.

would it be really hard for international students to make decent grades, like 28+/30, and gain RoLs from professors now? It is said that distinguished placement to US PhD were mainly for Italians.

Any thoughts or insights is welcomed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information