Sponsored Ad:

Thread: Economics Masters - Tilburg vs. UC3M vs. Barcelona GSE

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Economics Masters - Tilburg vs. UC3M vs. Barcelona GSE

Sponsored Ad:
    Hi all -
    I am in desperate need of advice, as time is short for me, so any comments or words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.
    I have presently been admitted to Masters programs in Europe, and I am having a hard time in deciding what I should do...here's my admission status:
    - Tilburg University: M.Sc. Econometrics and Mathematical Economics (1-year program, no funding)
    - Barcelona Graduate School of Economics: M.Sc. Economics (1-year program, half tuition waiver)
    - Universidad Carlos III de Madrid: Masters in Economic Analysis (2-year program, full tuition waiver and 1200 Euros per month stipend for TA-ship)
    My interests tend towards microeconomics, quantitative economics, and econometrics, though I realize that I have not completely made up my mind either. I am willing to learn anything, really. My eventual goal is to pursue a PhD in economics in the US or UK, though I am not averse to staying in Europe. Should I choose either Tilburg or BGSE, I am also not averse to the idea of pursuing an additional research masters for a year in order to gain additional research experience and contact with professors for letters of recommendation.
    What should I do? All things being equal, I feel that I should be in Madrid because of the money; however, I heard that their program was REALLY intense and that it was really hard to keep up (that being said, I am used to the pressure as my undergraduate experience was pretty rough as well). But should I accept such a program, given my future goals? Please advise soon, as I need to inform these schools by the middle of next week! Thanks!

Finding a new home

Good post? Yes | No
    I would say - they don't really differ so much that the funded offer from Madrid should be given up for other 2 schools. Of course, it would be safer if you can see their placement list.

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Well, to be honest, I am not sure how the PhD placements have been for each school. From my impressions, it seems that they are comparable...but I could be completely wrong.

Finding a new home

Good post? Yes | No
    Get the placement list for both Phd and Masters - so you can decide how your outcome is likely to be if you stay/leave.

Thread Information