Urch Forums

Apply for economics program in Business School?

realphoenix

My profile is not strong, but I really want to be accepted by top20 programs, so I want to apply for some programs avoiding tough competition. Is it a good idea to apply for some economics programs in B-school? If yes, would you please recommend some programs forme. If not, would you please give me other suggestions?

Thank you very much:p

I think (please dispute me if I am wrong) stanford GSB, harvard BusEcon are equivalent in difficulty to top-2 pure econ. Chicago, kellogg, NYU, UCLA, wharton are equivalent in difficulty to top-15 pure econ programs.

what is different is probably they are more open-minded in looking at recs from none econ professors because after all, they are not pure econ professors in the first place.

I think (please dispute me if I am wrong) stanford GSB, harvard BusEcon are equivalent in difficulty to top-2 pure econ. Chicago, kellogg, NYU, UCLA, wharton are equivalent in difficulty to top-15 pure econ programs.

what is different is probably they are more open-minded in looking at recs from none econ professors because after all, they are not pure econ professors in the first place.

This evaluation is about right.

Harvard BusEcon is almost identical to normal Econ (I believe they take the same classes).

maybe i didnt get this right, but from what i understood would u say its "easier" to get into chicago booth phd than chicago econ, or wharton or stern than respective econs phds? or did u ment the other way around

thanks

We were referring to the difficulty of the coursework involved in an MBA vs. PhD in Economics, not the admissions.