Urch Forums

Tinbergen 2016

hmkwon

• 2 weeks later...
Interview is quite informal - takes 15-30 min (depending on how many questions you have) and they ask about your research, how you'd like to go about it, why TI, where else you applied, why a PhD.. pretty informal :) I felt like it was half-way them trying to advertise TI, which was great, since I didn't know that much about the program before. Good luck to you!

Hi guys!

I wonder whether it is really impossible to transfer from Tinbergen (or Tilburg) to a U.S PhD? I also have offer from Barcelona Graduate School where there is a long tradition (at least as far as I know) of sending the best studets to Top US universities.

Thank you!

bgse is much better as a stepping stone to usa but there is fierce competition. however if you only want an academic career at a good university then definitely phd from usa would be much better for you. if i were you i would try bgse =>usa path

if it does not you can still apply to tilburg and tinbergen in the future

• 2 years later...

Hi, everyone, sorry to bring the old thread from the dead, but I'm wondering if anybody has an estimate on the proportion of students who were interviewed and later receive an acceptance offer.

I know from TI's website that they accepted in the last cohort ~8% of the applicant pool (roughly 25/300), but it would be nice to know how many from the 300 were interviewed.